Dave Richmond has combined his work with his love of beer for more than eight years with the Madrigrano families, and is now Global Brands Manager at Beer Capitol Distributing-Lake Country in Sussex. In his position, Dave is responsible for coordinating the marketing and merchandising programs for all the Global brands. The beer products featured in his blog are primarily those distributed but not limited to by Beer Capitol Distributing Lake Country.
Wish list for 2011
With all the New Year’s resolutions, best of the year and wish lists being proclaimed and readied for the New Year I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and give my own unique list.
1. I wish for continued growth of local beer brands so the term “Brew Local, Drink Local” can continue to be used. The Lakefront brewery in Milwaukee had a great 2010 and here is hope for continued success in 2011. The Miller brewery continues to up production to get great beers to the market and their growth is needed for the Wisconsin economic growth.
2. Everyone can go and enjoy more beer tours this year. Local ones include Miller, Lakefront, Capital in Middleton, Tyranena in Lake Mills, Ale Asylum in Madison, and New Glarus just to name a few. Beer tours are a great way to learn more about the brewing cycle and the uniqueness of each brewery.
3. Breweries continue to push the envelope with new styles and limited release beers. 2010 was a great year for new innovations and limited release beers. Some highlights included Sam Adams collaboration beer with Weinstephen (Infinium), Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary limited release beers and Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout from Leinenkugel’s 10th Street brewery.
4. The continued press of beer as beer/food pairings, Television shows and the blog world continue to spread the word of beer. Wine has had years of press telling consumers about the virtues of wine. 2010 saw a huge increase in media stories and exposure and 2011 will hopefully continue.
5. All beer continues to be enjoyed in a responsible manner and consumers continue to find new beers that they enjoy and talk about.