State Senator Mary Lazich (R-New Berlin) represents parts of four counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and Walworth. Her Senate District 28 includes New Berlin, Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Muskego, Waterford, Big Bend, the town of Vernon and parts of Greenfield, East Troy, and Mukwonago. Senator Lazich has been in the Legislature for more than a decade. She considers herself a tireless crusader for lower taxes, reduced spending and smaller government.
According to ReadyWisconsin, there are top five tips from cyber security experts to protect your computer and your bank account:
· Keep a Clean Machine: Keep your security software current by turning on automatic updates.
· Protect Your Personal Information: Don’t use the same password for your email, social media, and bank accounts. Once cybercriminals obtain that one password, they can raid all your accounts. Keep those passwords stored in a safe and secure place away from your computer.
· When in Doubt, Throw it Out: Links in email, tweets, posts, and online advertising are often used by cybercriminals to compromise your computer. If it looks suspicious, even if you know the source, it’s best to delete or if appropriate, mark as junk email.
· Think Before You Act: Be wary of communications that implore you to act immediately, offers something that sounds too good to be true, or asks for personal information.
· Get Savvy about Wi-Fi Hotspots: Limit the type of business you conduct and adjust the security settings on your device to limit access. Criminals may be able to access personal information when you use free Wi-Fi at a coffee shop or hotel.
Continue to check ReadyWisconsin website during the month of October to learn more useful tips.