While raising children, Denise Meagher, a returning area native, became a published freelance writer, voice over talent and enthusiastic community theatre participant. She loves reading, writing, traveling, time with friends and most of her family and empty-nesting with husband, Ted.
I don't know about you, but there's nothing like the word - CONTEST - to get my competitive juices flowing, the reason I don't gamble! I'm a sucker for them. So, how about you? Think you have what it takes to compete in the kitchen? Enter our cooking contest and see if you can handle the heat.
With WCT's upcoming naughty-but-nice show, The Kitchen Witches, running April 30 - May 16, we're calling all cooks and beckoning all bakers to submit recipes for the segment in the show entitled, Kitchen Quickies. Though it sounds a bit - risque' - we, the cast and crew swear this is legit and for the most part, rated no worse than PG-13.
The rules are:
* Submit one legible recipe and your name, address, and phone number to the theatre by mail or e-mail no later than Monday, May 10, 2010. You may enter a Dessert recipe or an Appetizer recipe, or both! Recipes will be judged on Taste, Presentation, Creativity and Time Needed for Preparation, (i.e. QUICK!)
* Send entries to: Kitchen Witches Kitchen Quickies, Waukesha Civic Theatre, 264 West Main Street, Waukesha, WI 53186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Finalists will be chosen, based on their recipes, by May 12th. They will be notified by phone, and each finalist must bring their completed dish(es), along with the written recipe, to WCT on Saturday, May 15, at 6:30 p.m. for judging. They must also attend The Kitchen Witches performance that night, May 15, 2010, 8:00 p.m. - COURTESY OF WCT. The number of finalists will be determined by the total number of entries; no less than three and no more than six in each category.
* The judges will include one cast member, one board director, and one professional chef.
* The winner for each category will be announced at the end of the 8:00 performance on May 15, and will receive a voucher good for $100 which can be used toward tickets and/or ACT tuition, or merchandise. Depending on the number of finalists chosen, there may be additional prizes awarded.
Brew something along with us as this cast of four cooks up quite a storm and dishes a little dirt. Maybe you'll win, maybe you won't. We can't promise you the prize, but if nothing else, we do promise you a whole lot of laughs. The Kitchen Witches is a PIX FIX you won't want to miss!