Kathy has been Executive Director of Interfaith Senior Programs since 2001. A native of Wisconsin, she lives in Waukesha with her husband Jim Durnil, and has two sons. Kathy can be seen often at local libraries, book stores, coffee houses, and just all over Waukesha enjoying the local businesses.
The Waukesha Country Drug Free Coalition hosts a drive-through collection of unwanted medications and drugs each year. The collection involves four months of planning and 250 volunteers to run this one-day event. You CAN bring prescription medications and over the counter medications, ointments, sprays, inhalers, creams, vials, herbals and pet medications. Please do NOT bring any biohazardous materials, including sharps, mercury, household hazardous waste and personal hygiene products.
ProHealth Care and the Waukesha Hispanic Collaborative Network are planning a ProHealthy Community Fair that is free to all!
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) almost one out of every two Americans is living with at least one chronic condition such as diabetes, arthritis, or hypertension. Chronic diseases are noncommunicable illnesses that are prolonged in duration, do not resolve spontaneously, and are rarely cured completely.
- Chronic diseases cause 7 in 10 deaths each year in the United States.
- About 133 million Americans—nearly 1 in 2 adults—live with at least one chronic illness.
- More than 75% of health care costs are due to chronic conditions.
- Approximately one-fourth of persons living with a chronic illness experience significant limitations in daily activities.
- The percentage of U.S. children and adolescents with a chronic health condition has increased from 1.8% in the 1960s to more than 7% in 2004.
Each year our agency coordinates a delightful spring event called Festival of Flowers. Marty and Jane Loppnow, owners of Waukesha Floral & Greenhouse, host the event and donate 10% of the proceeds from the gift shop sales on the day of the Festival. We held the first event in 2009, and sold out two luncheon seatings. Every year since we have sold out the two luncheon seatings from returning attendees who are thrilled to enjoy lunch provided by Rochester Deli amidst the beautiful spring flowers in the greenhouse.