Established in 1965, HAWS assists over 6,000 animals and welcomes more than 31,000 human visitors annually. As an "open admissions" shelter we lead the community in animal welfare and assure sanctuary for all animals in need, regardless of age, health or temperament. HAWS is a non-profit, entirely donor-fund organization with an active humane education program, and both wildlife and companion animal rescue services for Waukesha County.
HAWS License #267280-DS
At HAWS we welcome the new season with a full calendar - including our annual meeting, classes and seminars, Mobile Adoption visits and more…all leading up to our fall fundraiser, HAWS Homecoming 2010! And don't forget, there are always paws and claws available for adoption at HAWS!
Some September highlights:
- HAWS annual meeting is Monday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m., featuring the year in review and election of new board members. All are welcome, voting is by membership only.
- Two special Mobile Adoption Center events include (1) Dog Day Afternoon on Sunday, September 12th at the Waukesha Expo Center grounds right across from our shelter, and (2) a full day of activities supporting the HAWS cause on September 18th at the Shoppes at the Fox River on Sunset Dr. in Waukesha - especially at Noodles & Co., Petco and Maurices! We're bringing happy tails to your neighborhood - come see us.
- Various 6-week canine obedience classes begin on September 8th, 11th and 16th.
- The Friends of HAWS monthly planning meeting is on September 8th.
- Guinea Pig and Rabbit Pedicures are available for a donation on September 8th and 18th.
- We’ll be “Solving Common Canine Behavior Problems” with a free seminar on September 13th.
- Learn to “Keep your Puppy and Your Sanity” with a free seminar on September 19th.
- Our monthly First Aid for Pets seminar is on September 25th.
- Meet a greyhound and talk adoption through the HAWS-GPA partnership on September 25th.
Details, locations and registration (as needed) can be found on our website calendar, “Upcoming Events”.
By the way - you DON'T want to miss our fall fundraiser, HAWS Homecoming 2010! We’re Celebrating our Alumni with a football-themed party, featuring a Homecoming Court of adoptable pets; festive parade; ‘fan’-tastic food, silent/live auctions and casino gaming. We’ll even be watching the UW vs. Ohio State game – and raffling off the big-screen TV! General admission and VIP tickets for HAWS “big game” are now available, as are parade floats and additional sponsorships. Call 262-542-8851 or visit hawspets.org.