Waukesha West athletic director, assistant principal leaving school
Hencsik will become principal at Hononegah High School in northern Illinois
Just as students are departing for the school year this week around the Waukesha School District, Waukesha West's athletic director has announced he is moving on as well.
Todd Hencsik, who also serves as the school's assistant principal, has been offered the principal's job at Hononegah High School in Rockton, Ill., a village in Winnebago County in northern Illinois, five miles south of Beloit, Wis.
His last day at West is June 30.
Hencsik has been at West for four years. Before that, he was an assistant principal/athletic director at Bradley Tech High School in Milwaukee. He also coached many sports for West Allis Central before coming to West.
He and his family (his wife, Lisa, is a teacher at Kettle Moraine High School and their 14-month old son, Parker) live in Eagle and will remain there. Hencsik said he'll make the 50-minute commute each day.
Hencsik praised everyone within the School District and said he will miss the school.
"There are so many great parts, from the School Board, to the teachers, to the administration to the parents," he said. "There isn't enough lines of paper to say how great it is, so that's why it's bittersweet to leave."
But Hencsik, who explained he was called about the opening, added, "it was just an opportunity I couldn't pass up and it seemed like the right fit."
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled