Waukesha West athletic director, assistant principal leaving school
Hencsik will become principal at Hononegah High School in northern Illinois
Just as students are departing for the school year this week around the Waukesha School District, Waukesha West's athletic director has announced he is moving on as well.
Todd Hencsik, who also serves as the school's assistant principal, has been offered the principal's job at Hononegah High School in Rockton, Ill., a village in Winnebago County in northern Illinois, five miles south of Beloit, Wis.
His last day at West is June 30.
Hencsik has been at West for four years. Before that, he was an assistant principal/athletic director at Bradley Tech High School in Milwaukee. He also coached many sports for West Allis Central before coming to West.
He and his family (his wife, Lisa, is a teacher at Kettle Moraine High School and their 14-month old son, Parker) live in Eagle and will remain there. Hencsik said he'll make the 50-minute commute each day.
Hencsik praised everyone within the School District and said he will miss the school.
"There are so many great parts, from the School Board, to the teachers, to the administration to the parents," he said. "There isn't enough lines of paper to say how great it is, so that's why it's bittersweet to leave."
But Hencsik, who explained he was called about the opening, added, "it was just an opportunity I couldn't pass up and it seemed like the right fit."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Xperience Fitness, Dollar Tree already committed to old Kmart site
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue