Waukesha West athletic director, assistant principal leaving school
Hencsik will become principal at Hononegah High School in northern Illinois
Just as students are departing for the school year this week around the Waukesha School District, Waukesha West's athletic director has announced he is moving on as well.
Todd Hencsik, who also serves as the school's assistant principal, has been offered the principal's job at Hononegah High School in Rockton, Ill., a village in Winnebago County in northern Illinois, five miles south of Beloit, Wis.
His last day at West is June 30.
Hencsik has been at West for four years. Before that, he was an assistant principal/athletic director at Bradley Tech High School in Milwaukee. He also coached many sports for West Allis Central before coming to West.
He and his family (his wife, Lisa, is a teacher at Kettle Moraine High School and their 14-month old son, Parker) live in Eagle and will remain there. Hencsik said he'll make the 50-minute commute each day.
Hencsik praised everyone within the School District and said he will miss the school.
"There are so many great parts, from the School Board, to the teachers, to the administration to the parents," he said. "There isn't enough lines of paper to say how great it is, so that's why it's bittersweet to leave."
But Hencsik, who explained he was called about the opening, added, "it was just an opportunity I couldn't pass up and it seemed like the right fit."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Editorial: Farewell to Olson's Ace Hardware, a downtown Waukesha landmark
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, Bluesfest, Night Out
- Waukesha Police Report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha's garbage and recycling rules change
- Ace will no longer be the place in downtown Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha pastor charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child (1)
- Surveys add to Waukesha alderman's web of public interaction
- Molina Healthcare giving out groceries, health kits at La Casa de Esperanza in Waukesha
- Waukesha man accused of putting 17-year-old girlfriend in a choke hold
- Waukesha man facing charges in three separate criminal cases