Town of Waukesha had a nearly 90 percent voter turnout
Heavily supported Romney, Thompson in election
Clerks in Waukesha expected high turnout for the 2012 General Election and they got it.
In the Town of Waukesha, 89.92 percent of registered voters voted in the election.
And a majority of those individuals showed their support for the Republican Party.
Of the 5,739 votes cast in the Presidential Election, 4,025 or 70.1 percent of the vote went to the GOP ticket of Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and his running mate Paul Ryan, a congressman from Janesville.
The Democratic ticket of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, who won the election and Wisconsin's 10 electoral college votes, got 1,674 votes in the Town of Waukesha or just 29.2 percent.
The US Senate seat numbers in the Town were very similar to the presidential race.
Former Republican Gov. Tommy Thompson garnered 3,908 (68.9 percent) of the 5,672 votes cast, while U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Madison), who won the general election, captured 1,666 votes or 29.4 percent.
Other incumbent Republicans, such as Rep. James Sensenbrenner, Sen. Mary Lazich, Rep. David Craig and Rep. Bill Kramer, who all won their races overall, did very well in the Town.
Rep. Kathleen Novack, a Pewaukee alderwoman, also beat Democrat Jessie Read in the Waukesha County clerk race by an-almost 3-1 margin in the Town.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha recommending sober server ordinance
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- Waukesha Community Briefs: 'Dead Man's Cell Phone,' 'Messiah' performance and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Facial tattoo helps Waukesha police bust armed robbery suspect