Town of Waukesha had a nearly 90 percent voter turnout
Heavily supported Romney, Thompson in election
Clerks in Waukesha expected high turnout for the 2012 General Election and they got it.
In the Town of Waukesha, 89.92 percent of registered voters voted in the election.
And a majority of those individuals showed their support for the Republican Party.
Of the 5,739 votes cast in the Presidential Election, 4,025 or 70.1 percent of the vote went to the GOP ticket of Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and his running mate Paul Ryan, a congressman from Janesville.
The Democratic ticket of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, who won the election and Wisconsin's 10 electoral college votes, got 1,674 votes in the Town of Waukesha or just 29.2 percent.
The US Senate seat numbers in the Town were very similar to the presidential race.
Former Republican Gov. Tommy Thompson garnered 3,908 (68.9 percent) of the 5,672 votes cast, while U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Madison), who won the general election, captured 1,666 votes or 29.4 percent.
Other incumbent Republicans, such as Rep. James Sensenbrenner, Sen. Mary Lazich, Rep. David Craig and Rep. Bill Kramer, who all won their races overall, did very well in the Town.
Rep. Kathleen Novack, a Pewaukee alderwoman, also beat Democrat Jessie Read in the Waukesha County clerk race by an-almost 3-1 margin in the Town.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Local author's novel introduction, lantern walk and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Memorial Day recognition includes parade in Waukesha
- One year later, no resolution in Waukesha Slender Man case
- City officials hope new directional signs to downtown assists in revitalization effort
- Waukesha man charged after exposing genitals to gas station clerk
- Owners of seized Waukesha chinchillas charged with child and animal neglect
- Man with criminal past accused of 2013 armed home invasion in Delafield
- Historic homes to be highlighted during Waukesha's Historic Preservation Days
- Woman previously accused of Waukesha State Bank fraud faces new charges