Town of Waukesha had a nearly 90 percent voter turnout
Heavily supported Romney, Thompson in election
Clerks in Waukesha expected high turnout for the 2012 General Election and they got it.
In the Town of Waukesha, 89.92 percent of registered voters voted in the election.
And a majority of those individuals showed their support for the Republican Party.
Of the 5,739 votes cast in the Presidential Election, 4,025 or 70.1 percent of the vote went to the GOP ticket of Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and his running mate Paul Ryan, a congressman from Janesville.
The Democratic ticket of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, who won the election and Wisconsin's 10 electoral college votes, got 1,674 votes in the Town of Waukesha or just 29.2 percent.
The US Senate seat numbers in the Town were very similar to the presidential race.
Former Republican Gov. Tommy Thompson garnered 3,908 (68.9 percent) of the 5,672 votes cast, while U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Madison), who won the general election, captured 1,666 votes or 29.4 percent.
Other incumbent Republicans, such as Rep. James Sensenbrenner, Sen. Mary Lazich, Rep. David Craig and Rep. Bill Kramer, who all won their races overall, did very well in the Town.
Rep. Kathleen Novack, a Pewaukee alderwoman, also beat Democrat Jessie Read in the Waukesha County clerk race by an-almost 3-1 margin in the Town.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power outages cause rush hour backups in Waukesha
- Chilly temps in store for trick-or-treating, haunted houses, football games in Waukesha
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother