Becca Richter is coming home.
And when the Waukesha singer/songwriter does, she's returning to her element.
Richter, a freshman at the University of Mobile in Alabama, will debut her new Nashville single and music video on Today's TMJ4's Morning Blend on Monday. The show airs weekdays at 9 a.m.
The single, "You're the One, Wedding Song" was recorded in Nashville, Tenn., with producer Denny Martin and top Nashville studio musicians who have worked with the likes of Martina McBride, Trace Adkins, Wynonna Judd, Dolly Parton, Mark Chesnut and others.
While the song was recorded in Tennessee, her video was filmed in Waukesha at sites such as the Riverfront, Retzer Nature Center and local hotspot, The Steaming Cup.
The music video continues an upward trend for Richter, a 2012 Wisconsin Area Music Industry's Rising Star Nominee.
The 2012 Waukesha North High School graduate has been a main stage act for the Friday Night Live weekly summer music concerts in downtown Waukesha, has performed at the Blue Bird Cafe in Nashville, opened for Craig Morgan at the Waukesha County Fair as part of the Top Singer competition as well as at Lichterfest for an audience of 20,000 in Gmunden, Austria, this summer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zombie walk, trick-or-treating this weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance