Becca Richter is coming home.
And when the Waukesha singer/songwriter does, she's returning to her element.
Richter, a freshman at the University of Mobile in Alabama, will debut her new Nashville single and music video on Today's TMJ4's Morning Blend on Monday. The show airs weekdays at 9 a.m.
The single, "You're the One, Wedding Song" was recorded in Nashville, Tenn., with producer Denny Martin and top Nashville studio musicians who have worked with the likes of Martina McBride, Trace Adkins, Wynonna Judd, Dolly Parton, Mark Chesnut and others.
While the song was recorded in Tennessee, her video was filmed in Waukesha at sites such as the Riverfront, Retzer Nature Center and local hotspot, The Steaming Cup.
The music video continues an upward trend for Richter, a 2012 Wisconsin Area Music Industry's Rising Star Nominee.
The 2012 Waukesha North High School graduate has been a main stage act for the Friday Night Live weekly summer music concerts in downtown Waukesha, has performed at the Blue Bird Cafe in Nashville, opened for Craig Morgan at the Waukesha County Fair as part of the Top Singer competition as well as at Lichterfest for an audience of 20,000 in Gmunden, Austria, this summer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (2)
- Update: Large grass fire along Fox River Parkway in Waukesha contained
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1