Becca Richter is coming home.
And when the Waukesha singer/songwriter does, she's returning to her element.
Richter, a freshman at the University of Mobile in Alabama, will debut her new Nashville single and music video on Today's TMJ4's Morning Blend on Monday. The show airs weekdays at 9 a.m.
The single, "You're the One, Wedding Song" was recorded in Nashville, Tenn., with producer Denny Martin and top Nashville studio musicians who have worked with the likes of Martina McBride, Trace Adkins, Wynonna Judd, Dolly Parton, Mark Chesnut and others.
While the song was recorded in Tennessee, her video was filmed in Waukesha at sites such as the Riverfront, Retzer Nature Center and local hotspot, The Steaming Cup.
The music video continues an upward trend for Richter, a 2012 Wisconsin Area Music Industry's Rising Star Nominee.
The 2012 Waukesha North High School graduate has been a main stage act for the Friday Night Live weekly summer music concerts in downtown Waukesha, has performed at the Blue Bird Cafe in Nashville, opened for Craig Morgan at the Waukesha County Fair as part of the Top Singer competition as well as at Lichterfest for an audience of 20,000 in Gmunden, Austria, this summer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha North going for its eighth straight state band title
- Town of Waukesha chairman John Marek seeking District 15 supervisor seat
- Man charged with drunken driving in crash that injured his family
- Waukesha won't provide fire services to New Berlin
- Spread Your Wings: Oct. 16, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 16, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 16, 2014
- Public Forum: Historic Waukesha building needs to be saved
- Deadline to submit comments on West Waukesha Bypass is next week
- Waukesha Community Briefs: immunizations, book festival and more