Catholic Memorial Haunted House raises $15,500 for Wounded Warrior Project
An Iraq war veteran will accept the check during a Monday morning presentation
The students at Catholic Memorial put on a scare to make others smile and help those in need.
And this year, those with the Wounded Warrior Project will reap the benefits of the Catholic Memorial Haunted House fundraiser as $15,500 was raised to go toward the organization.
The Would Warrior Project is a national program that began as a way to provide comfort items to wounded service members but has now grown into a complete rehabilitative effort to assist them as they recover and transition back to civilian life.
Justin Constantine, an Iraq war veteran and a board member of the WWP, will accept the check at a 10:20 a.m. Monday presentation in the InPro Athletic Center on the CMH campus.
Constantine, who was injured while serving in Iraq in 2006, will talk about his experiences as well as those of other wounded veterans.
In total, $52,000 has been raised in the Haunted House's five-year run.
Past recipients of the fundraiser include Habitat for Humanity, Honor Flight and Vet’s Place Central, an organization that works with homeless veterans in Milwaukee.
“Each year, the CMH Haunted House gets bigger and bigger,” said Mary McNulty, spokeswoman for the Haunted House. “Over 2,000 people went through the Haunted House in the four nights we were open.
“The community embraces the event, not only because it is a good value, but because we are living our school motto of ‘Charity in All Things.’ All profit leaves the school. This is truly an example of kids doing good things for others.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee