Woman who left Waukesha residence after domestic violence incident found in Pewaukee
She was unharmed; Suspect turned himself into police
The woman who was missing after a domestic violence incident in Waukesha was found in Pewaukee this afternoon.
According to a news release from Sgt. Jerry Habanek of the Waukesha Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division, Fay Shaw was at a relative's house.
Police say Shaw was not injured and was in good condition.
Habanek said Shaw "apparently left her residence (3001 E. View Drive, Waukesha) last night before officers responded because she felt threatened."
At 6:18 a.m. this morning, the Waukesha Police Department received a call regarding a domestic violence incident. Once at the residence, officers were unable to contact the suspect or victim.
Police said the victim did not show up for work at her scheduled time and that officers had prior knowledge that the owner of the residence owns firearms and previously threatened to shoot the police.
Due to the nature of the call and the recent history of violence associated with these types of calls, the Waukesha Police Department Tactical Unit and the Waukesha County Regional Bearcat Armored Rescue Vehicle were sent to the scene.
At 10:29 a.m. the suspect turned himself in to police but was uncooperative with police and is under protective custody while his mental status was being evaluated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Composting workshop, blood drives and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man charged with threatening wife with two butcher knives
- Parents concerned about junior/senior prank wars in Waukesha
- Concerns raised by Waukesha residents prompt traffic study at proposed Kwik Trip
- New multifamily development being proposed for downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha County Airport $11 million upgrade finally takes flight
- Cause of scrap yard fire at Waukesha Iron and Metal will remain a mystery
- New downtown candle store will hold grand opening Saturday
- Waukesha Northstar Players presenting "The Crucible" this weekend