The downtown Waukesha Business Improvement District Board remains at seven members.
While it was a tight vote, 8-7, the Waukesha aldermen voted against the addition of Alderman Roger Patton at its Common Council meeting Dec. 6.
After repeated requests from the Common Council to have an alderman included on the BID Board, Mayor Jeff Scrima recommended Patton, who resigned from the BID Board along with 10 others after former Executive Director Meghan Sprager stepped down citing a "hostile work environment."
As the District 11 alderman, Patton represents constituents in downtown Waukesha.
Scrima said he was disappointed the Council denied his appointment.
"Sadly the Common Council continues to attack the past and has rejected their own downtown council member," he said. "We are encouraged, however, that as of (three) weeks ago the downtown BID taxing board has enough members to have a quorum and can responsibly move forward."
The seven members on the new BID Board are Sandy Cianciolo, owner of Mia's Italian Restaurant, Natalie Walters, of Waukesha State Bank, Bill Huelsman of Berg Management, Jim Taylor of Taylors People's Park, City Administrator Ed Henschel, Nick Martinez, a downtown attorney, and Ron Lostetter, Carroll University's chief financial officer.
Walters, Huelsman, Taylor and Lostetter are carry-overs from the previous board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel reflects on first months in new office
- Opper makes history with her new position
- Fox Head Residences apartment plan in Waukesha finished after rezoning vote again denied
- Mukwonago man killed in forklift accident
- Waukesha man is winner of $1 million Mega Millions prize
- Suspects from Hartland, Oconomowoc charged for their alleged roles in robbery of Waukesha bank
- Sprizzo Gallery Caffé closes in downtown Waukesha
- Senior housing now part of plan for Fox Head Residences in Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue