Mayor recommends another alderman to BID Board
After Patton's denial, Skinner considered
One alderman was denied, so Mayor Jeff Scrima tried again.
Alderman Vance Skinner was the choice this time to become the eighth member of the ever-evolving downtown Waukesha Business Improvement District Board.
The recommendation, which was taken up at Tuesday night's Common Council meeting, comes two weeks after the council rejected the appointment of Alderman Roger Patton.
Patton, the District 11 alderman, representsconstituents in downtown Waukesha.
But many of the council members voted against him because he was one of 11 BID Board members who resigned from the board in September.
Skinner represents District 8 and recently opened up a Maid-Rite diner in Waukesha.
Council members had asked the mayor,throughout the last two months, to recommend more aldermen to the BID Board and that his lack of options has been holding up the process. The mayor, however, accused the council of holding up the process by not accepting his nominations.
Nevertheless, the BID Board is now active after two months of not having enough members to conduct business.
Before Tuesday night, the BID Board consisted of Sandy Cianciolo, owner of Mia's Italian Restaurant, Natalie Walters, of Waukesha State Bank, Bill Huelsman of Berg Management, Jim Taylor of Taylors People's Park, City Administrator Ed Henschel, Nick Martinez, a downtown attorney, and Ron Lostetter, Carroll University's chief financial officer.
- Carroll University's new Lowry Hall gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Waukesha native's Smart Program Training targets dementia progression
- Now You Know: branch collection
- News in Brief: June 23, 2016 issue
- Funeral services: June 23, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's water diversion application wins unanimous approval
- Plea hearing set for Waukesha man accused of pointing unloaded assault rifle at police
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Kitty shower, wordly talk and more
- Waukesha police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's iconic Gasthaus restaurant to close this weekend (4)