Six of the 10 Waukesha aldermanic districts on the ballot will see races
Downtown district has the most people file nomination papers
After many last-day entries for one of the 10 aldermanic seats in the City of Waukesha, the campaign period is officially underway.
Nine of the 10 districts that will hold primaries Feb. 19 (the General Election is April 2) are for three-year terms.
District 6 is a one-year term due to the death of the previous alderman.
Four of the current alderman have no challengers, while Roger Patton has the most challengers in District 11. That district serves the downtown area.
And with District 12 Alderman Richard Hastings and District 15 Alderman Duane Paulson filing for non-candidacy, there will be at least two new aldermen on the 15-member Common Council.
Below is a look at those who have filed for candidacy.
Terry Thieme (Incumbent) – 1712 Stardust Drive
Mark Myers – 1922 Ruben Drive
John Holst – 2051 Highland Ave.
Joe Pieper (I) – 1011 W. Glenn Drive
Paul Ybarra (I) – 2610 Keri Court
Adam Jankowski (I) – 114 Hinman Ave.
Marga Krumins – 321 Harrison Ave.
Vance Skinner (I) – 200 McCall St.
Emanuele Vitale – 807 E. Broadway
Kathleen Cummings (I) – 1325 E. Roberta Ave.
Roger Patton (I) – 222 Park Place
Lenny Miller – 126 Central Ave.
James Cowee – 325 W. Main St.
Kyle Villarreal Sr. – 406 Wisconsin Ave.
Tyler Hoffman – 408 N. West Ave.
Aaron Perry – 912 Valley Hill Drive
Gary Krivos – 1058 River Place Blvd.
Joan Francoeur (I) – 201 N. Comanche Lane
Russel Stewart – 1800 Kensington Drive
Cory Payne – 450 Kimberly Drive
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel editorial: Maybe city and town of Brookfields should become one, rather than the town becoming a village
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha