Waukesha West names former New Berlin West principal to same position
LaBorde replaces Towers for rest of school year
It was a quick turnaround, but Waukesha West High School has found a new principal.
David LaBorde, who previously served as a principal at New Berlin West Middle and High School, was hired as David Towers' replacement, Waukesha School District Superintendent Todd Gray said Tuesday.
Gray said LaBorde's first day was Tuesday.
The superintendent added that LaBorde will serve as the interim principal for the remainder of the school year until a permanent one is found.
Towers, who was at Waukesha West since August 2011, resigned on Friday due to "personal reasons."
Before coming to Waukesha West, Towers served as an administrator at Germantown High School.
The 37-year-old principal made some changes in his year and a half at West, ranging from implementing random alcohol breath tests at school dances to banning backpacks and purses between classes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns charged for domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly manufacturing, selling cocaine
- Waukesha man accused of molesting, groping his granddaughter for years
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Apple harvest, lawn care and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Waukesha wants judge to reverse ruling on former fire chief's job
- Waukesha asks public for help to fund new downtown holiday lights
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case
- The Clarke Hotel in downtown Waukesha again looks to fill vacancy with general manager stepping down