Waukesha West names former New Berlin West principal to same position
LaBorde replaces Towers for rest of school year
It was a quick turnaround, but Waukesha West High School has found a new principal.
David LaBorde, who previously served as a principal at New Berlin West Middle and High School, was hired as David Towers' replacement, Waukesha School District Superintendent Todd Gray said Tuesday.
Gray said LaBorde's first day was Tuesday.
The superintendent added that LaBorde will serve as the interim principal for the remainder of the school year until a permanent one is found.
Towers, who was at Waukesha West since August 2011, resigned on Friday due to "personal reasons."
Before coming to Waukesha West, Towers served as an administrator at Germantown High School.
The 37-year-old principal made some changes in his year and a half at West, ranging from implementing random alcohol breath tests at school dances to banning backpacks and purses between classes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wings over Waukesha Air Show returns this weekend to Crites Field
- Waukesha man arrested after pointing a gun at another person outside home
- Meijer supercenter receives final approval from Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha school committee denies parent's request to ban 'The Kite Runner,' 'Chinese Handcuffs'
- Disconnected air hose stops train in its tracks in Waukesha
- Waukesha mom seeks to have two novels banned from schools
- Waukesha man accused of child porn possession
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Home field turf debut delayed for Waukesha South, Waukesha North
- Downtown Waukesha becomes a wee more Irish with Clarke 'pub'