Waukesha West names former New Berlin West principal to same position
LaBorde replaces Towers for rest of school year
It was a quick turnaround, but Waukesha West High School has found a new principal.
David LaBorde, who previously served as a principal at New Berlin West Middle and High School, was hired as David Towers' replacement, Waukesha School District Superintendent Todd Gray said Tuesday.
Gray said LaBorde's first day was Tuesday.
The superintendent added that LaBorde will serve as the interim principal for the remainder of the school year until a permanent one is found.
Towers, who was at Waukesha West since August 2011, resigned on Friday due to "personal reasons."
Before coming to Waukesha West, Towers served as an administrator at Germantown High School.
The 37-year-old principal made some changes in his year and a half at West, ranging from implementing random alcohol breath tests at school dances to banning backpacks and purses between classes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha
- Controversial two-town incorporation remains uncertain and undecided in Waukesha-Brookfield area