Waukesha West names former New Berlin West principal to same position
LaBorde replaces Towers for rest of school year
It was a quick turnaround, but Waukesha West High School has found a new principal.
David LaBorde, who previously served as a principal at New Berlin West Middle and High School, was hired as David Towers' replacement, Waukesha School District Superintendent Todd Gray said Tuesday.
Gray said LaBorde's first day was Tuesday.
The superintendent added that LaBorde will serve as the interim principal for the remainder of the school year until a permanent one is found.
Towers, who was at Waukesha West since August 2011, resigned on Friday due to "personal reasons."
Before coming to Waukesha West, Towers served as an administrator at Germantown High School.
The 37-year-old principal made some changes in his year and a half at West, ranging from implementing random alcohol breath tests at school dances to banning backpacks and purses between classes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs