Using the theme "Fire and Ice," the 28th annual Waukesha JanBoree takes place next weekend, offering more than 30 winter activities for adults and children.
The JanBoree is sponsored by the City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department.
Most of the events are free.
The JanBoree kicks off Jan. 18 with opening ceremonies at Lowell Park, 2201 Michigan Ave., with Today's TMJ4 Chief Meteorologist John Malan. Events begin at 3 p.m. with a fireworks show at 8.
The JanBoree continues the following day with many events, including a pancake breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Schuetze Recreation Center, 1120 Baxter St., the ice-sculpting contest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in downtown Waukesha, and the Frosty 5K Run/Walk from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Frame Park, among others.
The JanBoree concludes with more events Jan. 20 that includes an ice-fishing clinic from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Minooka County Park beach area and ice bowling from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the Lowell Park ice rink.
In addition to the events, free recycling bins and workshops by the Waukesha County Recycling staff will be given at various locations during the JanBoree.
These events include the pancake breakfast, the Wiggle with Worms program, 10 to 11 a.m. Jan. 19 at the Retzer Nature Center, Skate with Recycle Raccoon, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Eble Ice Arena Jan. 19, recycling games and activities, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 20 at Retzer Nature Center and Skate with Recycle Raccoon, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 20 at Naga-Waukee Ice Arena.
For more information and a complete list of events, visit JanBoree.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- Waukesha Community Briefs: 'Dead Man's Cell Phone,' 'Messiah' performance and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Facial tattoo helps Waukesha police bust armed robbery suspect
- Waukesha joke shop knows the trick to staying in business