Gunman robs Family Dollar on Broadway, suspect not found
He displayed a handgun and demanded money
A masked man with a gun robbed the Family Dollar, 139 E. Broadway, in Waukesha Wednesday night.
At about 6:50 p.m., employees informed the Waukesha Police Department that a male suspect entered their store, displayed a handgun and demanded money.
After obtaining an undisclosed amount of money the suspect fled. According to police, the suspect is described as about 6-feet tall, average build, wearing a dark jacket, black ski-mask and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
No one was injured in the incident, said Sgt. Joe Hendricks of the Criminal Investigation Division.
The scene was then processed for evidence.
Hendricks said officers searched the surrounding area with the assistance of Waukesha County Sheriff K-9 unit but did not locate the suspect.
Police are asking that anyone with information on this incident call (262) 524-3831.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (2)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1