Gunman robs Family Dollar on Broadway, suspect not found
He displayed a handgun and demanded money
A masked man with a gun robbed the Family Dollar, 139 E. Broadway, in Waukesha Wednesday night.
At about 6:50 p.m., employees informed the Waukesha Police Department that a male suspect entered their store, displayed a handgun and demanded money.
After obtaining an undisclosed amount of money the suspect fled. According to police, the suspect is described as about 6-feet tall, average build, wearing a dark jacket, black ski-mask and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
No one was injured in the incident, said Sgt. Joe Hendricks of the Criminal Investigation Division.
The scene was then processed for evidence.
Hendricks said officers searched the surrounding area with the assistance of Waukesha County Sheriff K-9 unit but did not locate the suspect.
Police are asking that anyone with information on this incident call (262) 524-3831.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Spoon will serve soups, pies at Hartwell Avenue location in Waukesha
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub closed in downtown Waukesha
- Gunshots hit vehicles in parking lot on North University Drive in Waukesha
- Rollout of new garbage, recycling carts underway in city of Waukesha
- Waukesha woman sues the city's housing authority over lost rent assistance
- Fox Head Residences developer asks to postpone action on Waukesha apartments
- Nearby Citgo gas station closes early in response to last week's fatal shooting in Waukesha
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Health care reform, peace nominees and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015, issue