Gunman robs Family Dollar on Broadway, suspect not found
He displayed a handgun and demanded money
A masked man with a gun robbed the Family Dollar, 139 E. Broadway, in Waukesha Wednesday night.
At about 6:50 p.m., employees informed the Waukesha Police Department that a male suspect entered their store, displayed a handgun and demanded money.
After obtaining an undisclosed amount of money the suspect fled. According to police, the suspect is described as about 6-feet tall, average build, wearing a dark jacket, black ski-mask and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
No one was injured in the incident, said Sgt. Joe Hendricks of the Criminal Investigation Division.
The scene was then processed for evidence.
Hendricks said officers searched the surrounding area with the assistance of Waukesha County Sheriff K-9 unit but did not locate the suspect.
Police are asking that anyone with information on this incident call (262) 524-3831.
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Q&A with Jody Landish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent