For more than a year now, the building at 701 N. Grandview that once housed the Brown Bag BBQ restaurant has sat closed and empty. But a few months ago, a message was added to the restaurant's sign board that says "Eagles Parking". So what's going on with the building?
The Waukesha Eagles Club, which owns the building next door at 709 N. Grandview Blvd., has purchased the building, according to club treasurer and bartender Amanda Radke. Club members aren't sure yet what they'll do with the building, but for now they've opened up the parking lot for use by Eagles Club customers.
The Waukesha Aerie 453 Fraternal Order of Eagles Club building was constructed in 1959, Radke said. In 2006, the club built an addition to expand the bar area.
The Eagles Club bar is open to the public, and offers a fish fry on Friday nights, make-your-own-tacos on Wednesday nights, and brats, Italians and burgers on Monday nights. The club also hosts live entertainment on most Friday and Saturday nights.
Before the Brown Bag BBQ opened in early 2011, the building it was in was home to Big Guy's Grille, which operated from 2005 to 2010.
What do you want to know? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Landmarks Commission will review apartment aspect of museum redevelopment project
- Art crawl taking place Saturday in downtown Waukesha
- Muskego man receives 25-year prison sentence for sexually assaulting Waukesha girl
- Waukesha woman gets 45 years for killing toddler (1)
- Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow holding Twitter Town Hall meeting
- Editorial: Farewell to Olson's Ace Hardware, a downtown Waukesha landmark
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, Bluesfest, Night Out
- Waukesha Police Report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha's garbage and recycling rules get updated
- Ace will no longer be the place in downtown Waukesha (1)