For more than a year now, the building at 701 N. Grandview that once housed the Brown Bag BBQ restaurant has sat closed and empty. But a few months ago, a message was added to the restaurant's sign board that says "Eagles Parking". So what's going on with the building?
The Waukesha Eagles Club, which owns the building next door at 709 N. Grandview Blvd., has purchased the building, according to club treasurer and bartender Amanda Radke. Club members aren't sure yet what they'll do with the building, but for now they've opened up the parking lot for use by Eagles Club customers.
The Waukesha Aerie 453 Fraternal Order of Eagles Club building was constructed in 1959, Radke said. In 2006, the club built an addition to expand the bar area.
The Eagles Club bar is open to the public, and offers a fish fry on Friday nights, make-your-own-tacos on Wednesday nights, and brats, Italians and burgers on Monday nights. The club also hosts live entertainment on most Friday and Saturday nights.
Before the Brown Bag BBQ opened in early 2011, the building it was in was home to Big Guy's Grille, which operated from 2005 to 2010.
What do you want to know? Email your questions to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee