For more than a year now, the building at 701 N. Grandview that once housed the Brown Bag BBQ restaurant has sat closed and empty. But a few months ago, a message was added to the restaurant's sign board that says "Eagles Parking". So what's going on with the building?
The Waukesha Eagles Club, which owns the building next door at 709 N. Grandview Blvd., has purchased the building, according to club treasurer and bartender Amanda Radke. Club members aren't sure yet what they'll do with the building, but for now they've opened up the parking lot for use by Eagles Club customers.
The Waukesha Aerie 453 Fraternal Order of Eagles Club building was constructed in 1959, Radke said. In 2006, the club built an addition to expand the bar area.
The Eagles Club bar is open to the public, and offers a fish fry on Friday nights, make-your-own-tacos on Wednesday nights, and brats, Italians and burgers on Monday nights. The club also hosts live entertainment on most Friday and Saturday nights.
Before the Brown Bag BBQ opened in early 2011, the building it was in was home to Big Guy's Grille, which operated from 2005 to 2010.
What do you want to know? Email your questions to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (3)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1