The 2013 election season officially kicks off Tuesday with the primaries taking place.
There is a city-wide primary for the Supreme Court Justice seat between Vince Megna, Ed Fallone and Pat Roggensack, and some wards are voting in the Special Republican Primary for the 98th Assembly District seat that features Ed Baumann, Todd Greenwald, Matt Morzy, Adam Neylon and Jeanne Tarantino (see separate preview).
The wards voting in the 98th Assembly primary are 1-4, 6, 9-10, 12-13, 27, 29 and 34-36.
And of the 10 aldermanic districts that are on the ballot this spring, two have primaries: District 1 (Wards 1 and 2) and District 11 (25-29).
District 1 incumbent Terry Thieme is being challenged by Jim Holst and Mark Myers. And District 11 incumbent Roger Patton is being challenged by Jim Cowee, Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
The top two vote getters in each race advance to the April 2 General Election.
The wards that only have voting for the Supreme Court Justice seat are wards 5, 7-8, 11, 14-24, 30-33 and 37-38.
Absentee voting is available at the City Hall Clerk's Office from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday and will be open until 5 p.m. Friday for the last day of in-office voting.
Voters can contact the Clerk's Office at (262) 524-3550 or email ClerkTreas@ci.waukesha.wi.us for more information.
Polling places on election day are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voters can view a sample ballot, determine their ward, aldermanic district and voting location through the state's Government Accountability Board's website at myvote.wi.gov.
Where to vote
2301 Springdale Road
Waukesha City Hall (Common Council Chambers)
201 Delafield St.
1150 Baxter St.
1111 Maitland Drive
3130 Rolling Ridge Drive
E. B. Shurts Building
810 W. College Ave.
1801 Center Drive
St. Mary's Catholic Church
225 S. Hartwell Ave.
1209 Heyer Drive
Waukesha South High School (Natatorium pool area)
401 E. Roberta Ave.
(Enter parking lot from Tenny Avenue, use pool/fieldhouse entrance to building)
E&R United Church of Christ
413 Wisconsin Ave.
Waukesha West High School
3301 Saylesville Road
730 S. University Drive
(Entrance off University Drive parking lot)
Fire Station No. 5
3051 Summit Ave.
301 Hyde Park Ave.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled