Supervisor's open records request will cost Town more than $3,500
German will review 6,000 of Van Scyoc's emails beginning Monday
Also at the Town Board meeting Thursday, which lasted about 4.5 hours, Supervisor Everett German agreed to come into Town Hall next week to go through 6,000 of Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc's emails he has requested through his open records request.
Van Scyoc said the cost of the creation of the emails to retrieve them out of the Town's server is $3,571.42.
German said he would not pay that fee. As a result, it will go on the Town's tab.
"I am not paying the fee for creating the copies," German said. "Because of the amount of emails you have generated."
German previously wrote a $300 check for the reproduction of the emails.
In a letter written Thursday afternoon by German's personal attorney, Paul Bucher, it accused the Town of Waukesha of denying him timely access to the records.
Van Scyoc read that letter to the Town Board and audience members at the meeting and noted that she takes great offense to that claim and said it's simply false.
"They have been secure and waiting for you," Van Scyoc told German.
In an email between Town Attorney Hector de la Mora, who has been working with Bucher on this case, and Town Clerk Jamie Salentine, it gives dates where German could have come in to review the emails this past week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha in search of a new attorney
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Waukesha man faces 10 counts of child porn possession
- Waukesha County will likely oppose arena tax
- Apartment complex proposed
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Downtown Waukesha's logo could see a makeover
- City of Waukesha will have a new attorney next spring
- City of Waukesha's mayoral race has three candidates so far
- Local dance team tops in the region