Speedway gas station in Waukesha robbed Friday morning
Police believe suspect fits description from Town of Brookfield robbery earlier this week
A Speedway gas station, 1600 E. Sunset Drive, in Waukesha was robbed at 12:54 a.m. Friday, according to a report from the Waukesha Police Department.
Lt. Tom Wagner of the Criminal Investigation Division said a Speedway employee informed police that a suspect entered the gas station, implied that he had a weapon and demanded money.
The suspect obtained an undisclosed amount of money and fled. No one was injured in the incident, Wagner said.
The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 5’6” tall, average build, wearing blue jeans, a black hat, black ski-mask, black hooded sweatshirt and brown shoes.
Wagner said the suspect's description and photos obtained are similar to a robbery that happened at 10 p.m. Wednesday at a Subway restaurant, 19555 W. Bluemound Road., in the Town of Brookfield.
During that incident, the suspect demanded cash, displayed a black handgun in his waistband and employees handed over the money from the cash drawer before the suspect fled on foot.
Anyone with information on these incidents should call Waukesha Police at (262) 524-3831.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Longtime Waukesha city attorney Curt Meitz won't run for re-election
- Waukesha man pleads guilty, gets life sentence for triple homicide
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Police Report: Dec. 5
- Donations help Hope Center's clients stay warm
- Women's Center gets $4,000 Packers grant
- Art Crawl, Santa Run highlight holiday weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Hardees shuts down well before its lease expired
- Final suspect in shooting near Waukesha Woodman's turns himself in