Speedway gas station in Waukesha robbed Friday morning
Police believe suspect fits description from Town of Brookfield robbery earlier this week
A Speedway gas station, 1600 E. Sunset Drive, in Waukesha was robbed at 12:54 a.m. Friday, according to a report from the Waukesha Police Department.
Lt. Tom Wagner of the Criminal Investigation Division said a Speedway employee informed police that a suspect entered the gas station, implied that he had a weapon and demanded money.
The suspect obtained an undisclosed amount of money and fled. No one was injured in the incident, Wagner said.
The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 5’6” tall, average build, wearing blue jeans, a black hat, black ski-mask, black hooded sweatshirt and brown shoes.
Wagner said the suspect's description and photos obtained are similar to a robbery that happened at 10 p.m. Wednesday at a Subway restaurant, 19555 W. Bluemound Road., in the Town of Brookfield.
During that incident, the suspect demanded cash, displayed a black handgun in his waistband and employees handed over the money from the cash drawer before the suspect fled on foot.
Anyone with information on these incidents should call Waukesha Police at (262) 524-3831.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns charged for domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly manufacturing, selling cocaine
- Waukesha man accused of molesting, groping his granddaughter for years
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Apple harvest, lawn care and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Waukesha wants judge to reverse ruling on former fire chief's job
- Waukesha asks public for help to fund new downtown holiday lights
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case
- The Clarke Hotel in downtown Waukesha again looks to fill vacancy with general manager stepping down