Warrants have been issued for the arrest of two Milwaukee men charged with allegedly providing the heroin that killed 27-year-old Waukesha resident Samuel E. Lueck last February.
Terry M. Tibbits, Jr. and Rozerick E. Mattox were each charged on April 18 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first degree reckless homicide, delivery of drugs.
According to the criminal complaint:
Leuck's roommate Gary B. Sweezey reported to the Waukesha Police Department in the early morning of Feb. 15 that he believed his roommate, Lueck, was dead of a drug overdose.
Lueck was found by police in his bedroom, surrounded by syringes, a tourniquet, a "cooker" used to heat heroin and his cellphone.
On Feb. 25, police spoke with Tibbits, 28, who said that he had driven Lueck to his dealer "Kevin" in Milwaukee a day prior. On March 6 Tibbits, working on behalf of the Waukesha Police, called "Kevin" and arranged to purchase a gram of heroin from him. They met at a Wendy's restaurant in Milwaukee and a man identifying himself as "Yak" delivered $150 worth of heroin to Tibbits.
Police traced the license plate number of the vehicle used by "Yak," a 2013 black Dodge Caravan, and found that it was owned by Enterprise Rent-A-Car and rented to Mattox, 27.
Tibbits organized another heroin buy from Mattox on March 8 at the same location. Tactical officers from the Milwaukee Area Federal Task Force were in waiting and arrested both Mattox and "Yak," identified as Bryant M. Burnett. Burnett does not currently face any charges related to the incident.
Mattox told police in a statement that he did sell heroin to four or five different people and had sold heroin to Tibbits approximately 12 times in the past month.
If convicted, the men could each face up to 40 years in prison, $100,000 in fines, or both.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Woman, 23, identified in fatal crash in Waukesha (1)
- Woman hit, killed by car at 164 and Sunset
- Carroll University receives $1 million donation for research laboratory off campus
- Water talks flow back into Waukesha
- Waukesha funeral services: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's robotics team would receive funding boost from Rep. Adam Neylon's proposed bill
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Winter Nights, brain documentary and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Lares Fashion & Western Wear building in downtown Waukesha up for sale