Muskego man dead in apparent suicide after jumping from Waukesha Memorial parking garage
Police say a 28-year-old Muskego man committed suicide at Waukesha Memorial Hospital on Tuesday night, jumping from an upper level floor of a nearby parking garage.
The City of Waukesha Police Department dispatch log states that several witnesses saw something fall from the parking structure shortly before 7 p.m. on March 26. They found a man, who police chose not to identify, laying on the ground.
He was taken to the hospital’s emergency room, but was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.
The dispatch log states that the man was a guest at a Hebron House homeless shelter two to three weeks prior to the incident, but his parents had paid for him to stay at a hotel.
Police Captain Ron Oremus said that while the case is not officially closed, the department believes it was a suicide, citing the man’s mental illness as a factor.
Oremus said that moments before the incident, someone had seen him on the top floor of the parking structure, but he seemed to walk away.
He said that nothing unusual was found in the man’s possession.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights