Muskego man dead in apparent suicide after jumping from Waukesha Memorial parking garage
Police say a 28-year-old Muskego man committed suicide at Waukesha Memorial Hospital on Tuesday night, jumping from an upper level floor of a nearby parking garage.
The City of Waukesha Police Department dispatch log states that several witnesses saw something fall from the parking structure shortly before 7 p.m. on March 26. They found a man, who police chose not to identify, laying on the ground.
He was taken to the hospital’s emergency room, but was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.
The dispatch log states that the man was a guest at a Hebron House homeless shelter two to three weeks prior to the incident, but his parents had paid for him to stay at a hotel.
Police Captain Ron Oremus said that while the case is not officially closed, the department believes it was a suicide, citing the man’s mental illness as a factor.
Oremus said that moments before the incident, someone had seen him on the top floor of the parking structure, but he seemed to walk away.
He said that nothing unusual was found in the man’s possession.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly assaulting 12-year-old boy
- Disgraced former Waukesha County sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill