Muskego man dead in apparent suicide after jumping from Waukesha Memorial parking garage
Police say a 28-year-old Muskego man committed suicide at Waukesha Memorial Hospital on Tuesday night, jumping from an upper level floor of a nearby parking garage.
The City of Waukesha Police Department dispatch log states that several witnesses saw something fall from the parking structure shortly before 7 p.m. on March 26. They found a man, who police chose not to identify, laying on the ground.
He was taken to the hospital’s emergency room, but was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.
The dispatch log states that the man was a guest at a Hebron House homeless shelter two to three weeks prior to the incident, but his parents had paid for him to stay at a hotel.
Police Captain Ron Oremus said that while the case is not officially closed, the department believes it was a suicide, citing the man’s mental illness as a factor.
Oremus said that moments before the incident, someone had seen him on the top floor of the parking structure, but he seemed to walk away.
He said that nothing unusual was found in the man’s possession.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man is winner of $1 million Mega Millions prize
- Suspects from Hartland, Oconomowoc charged for their alleged roles in robbery of Waukesha bank
- Sprizzo Gallery Caffé closes in downtown Waukesha
- Senior housing now part of plan for Fox Head Residences in Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl
- Waukesha man reportedly robbed gas station after 'giving up on life'
- Waukesha woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl gets trial date
- Attorneys in Slender Man stabbing case make final plea in effort to reclassify offense