Muskego man dead in apparent suicide after jumping from Waukesha Memorial parking garage
Police say a 28-year-old Muskego man committed suicide at Waukesha Memorial Hospital on Tuesday night, jumping from an upper level floor of a nearby parking garage.
The City of Waukesha Police Department dispatch log states that several witnesses saw something fall from the parking structure shortly before 7 p.m. on March 26. They found a man, who police chose not to identify, laying on the ground.
He was taken to the hospital’s emergency room, but was pronounced dead 20 minutes later.
The dispatch log states that the man was a guest at a Hebron House homeless shelter two to three weeks prior to the incident, but his parents had paid for him to stay at a hotel.
Police Captain Ron Oremus said that while the case is not officially closed, the department believes it was a suicide, citing the man’s mental illness as a factor.
Oremus said that moments before the incident, someone had seen him on the top floor of the parking structure, but he seemed to walk away.
He said that nothing unusual was found in the man’s possession.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kicker's Pub & Grub owner flees from man with a gun after closing
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race