Trial begins for Waukesha man charged with supplying heroin in two drug overdose deaths
A 12-person jury was being selected Monday in the trial for a Waukesha man accused of supplying heroin to two people who died from a drug overdose.
Kevin S. Cobus, 28, was charged last year with two counts of first-degree reckless homicide/deliver drugs as a party to a crime in the deaths of Jamie L. Hansen, 24, of Muskego and Cody C. Riggs, 26, of Delafield.
According to prosecutors, Cobus allegedly assisted Riggs and Hansen in purchasing heroin.
Hansen died July 12, 2011 and Riggs on Jan. 6, 2012 from drug overdoses.
Opening statements were scheduled for later Monday with the trial continuing throughout the week at the Waukesha County Courthouse.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue