Trial begins for Waukesha man charged with supplying heroin in two drug overdose deaths
A 12-person jury was being selected Monday in the trial for a Waukesha man accused of supplying heroin to two people who died from a drug overdose.
Kevin S. Cobus, 28, was charged last year with two counts of first-degree reckless homicide/deliver drugs as a party to a crime in the deaths of Jamie L. Hansen, 24, of Muskego and Cody C. Riggs, 26, of Delafield.
According to prosecutors, Cobus allegedly assisted Riggs and Hansen in purchasing heroin.
Hansen died July 12, 2011 and Riggs on Jan. 6, 2012 from drug overdoses.
Opening statements were scheduled for later Monday with the trial continuing throughout the week at the Waukesha County Courthouse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha News Briefs: Sept. 3, 2015
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Master gardening, Alzheimer's walk and more
- Setting it straight: Correction: Waukesha County Sheriff's Deputy Chad Kane-Terhorst photo
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- Lifeway Foods now making kefir at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha
- New faces will lead way at many Waukesha schools
- Waukesha County board rejects senior apartment plan for former Moor Mud Baths Resort site
- Final two Waukesha elementary schools set to receive iPads
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking