Trial begins for Waukesha man charged with supplying heroin in two drug overdose deaths
A 12-person jury was being selected Monday in the trial for a Waukesha man accused of supplying heroin to two people who died from a drug overdose.
Kevin S. Cobus, 28, was charged last year with two counts of first-degree reckless homicide/deliver drugs as a party to a crime in the deaths of Jamie L. Hansen, 24, of Muskego and Cody C. Riggs, 26, of Delafield.
According to prosecutors, Cobus allegedly assisted Riggs and Hansen in purchasing heroin.
Hansen died July 12, 2011 and Riggs on Jan. 6, 2012 from drug overdoses.
Opening statements were scheduled for later Monday with the trial continuing throughout the week at the Waukesha County Courthouse.
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Q&A with Jody Landish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year