Waukesha - Leading by example, True Life Church Pastor, Rev. Michael Hook, has invested his retirement life savings in his church’s new building campaign. The campaign has raised more than $500,000 in two years - $100,000 of it coming directly from Hook - according to a church board member.
“Lives will be changed in this new facility, impacting believers for future generations,” Hook said. At 61,
Hook is only a few years from retirement. When asked about his plans for the future, now that he has donated his savings, Hook said, “I’ll do what I’ve always done after pastoring 39 years, trust God to provide.”
The new building, at 1615 Silvernail Road, will be dedicated Saturday, April 6, with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 1:45 p.m. Church Trustee and Building Campaign Director Caroline Jens, is scheduled to speak about the success of the campaign. A worship service starts at 2 p.m. and is open to the public.
Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas is scheduled to attend the ribbon cutting. Several local pastors are scheduled to speak during the service, including the son of the founding pastor, Ed Arrington, and church district superintendent, John Putnam.
The dedication music service includes America’s Got Talent finalist and Sony Music recording artist Daniel Jens. A former Army Sergeant, Jens was an original member of the Sony Masterworks vocal group 4Troops. He has been a part of the church’s music team since moving back to Wisconsin in 2010.
The new larger building helps support the multi-cultural congregation that has doubled in two years. The previous building was on Merrill Hills Road, just off of Sunset Drive in Waukesha, when the church was known as Apostolic Life Tabernacle.
Regular church services are at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sundays and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. For more information, call (262) 542-7538.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs