The Legend Club offers to buy Merrill Hills Country Club
Would be fourth club The Legend would own
A letter was sent out to members of the Merrill Hills Country Club last week saying The Legend Club has put in a preliminary offer to buy its club.
The letter also indicated that because Merrill Hills, due to financial difficulties, can't restructure its loan with the bank and the club began looking at offers.
"They found a buyer and it is The Legend," said a source with knowledge of the situation. They spoke on a condition of anonymity because the vote with the members on the sale has yet to take place. "This will be done to secure the long-term viability of Merrill Hills."
None of the terms of the preliminary offer have been released, the source said.
Merrill Hills, at W270 S3425 Merrill Hills Road in Waukesha, includes catering and banquets, a par-72 golf course as well as a tennis facility and two pools.
If the offer is accepted, this would be the latest acquisition for co-owner, Jack Gaudion, and his club, a privately-owned, non-equity club that was founded in 2003 when The Legend at Brandybrook opened in Wales.
In 2007, The Legend purchased The Legend at Bergamont in Oregon, Wis.
Two years later, The Legend signed the purchase for Bristlecone Pines Golf Club in Hartland renaming that course The Legend at Bristlecone giving its members access to three golf courses, its clubhouses, pools and tennis facilities.
Gaudion declined to comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha recommending sober server ordinance
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- Waukesha Community Briefs: 'Dead Man's Cell Phone,' 'Messiah' performance and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Facial tattoo helps Waukesha police bust armed robbery suspect