A 23-year-old Waukesha man was charged with carrying a concealed weapon after a McDonald's manager called police alleging the man was masturbating to pornography in the restaurant.
Nicholas P. Godejohn was charged on April 17 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, which carries a combined maximum sentence of one year in prison, $11,000 in fines, or both.
According to the criminal complaint:
Officers from Waukesha City Police were dispatched on March 11 to the McDonald’s Restaurant, located on 1635 E. Main St. in Waukesha, after receiving reports that a man was acting disorderly in the restaurant.
The restaurant manager told police that he walked by the man and saw that he was allegedly watching pornography with a hand down his pants. He said it looked like the man was masturbating.
Officers spoke to the man, identified as Godejohn, who told police he was seated in a booth and was viewing photographic movies on his laptop. He said he had his had down his pants because he needed to scratch himself.
Godejohn was search and police found in his possession a large folding knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade, in his pants pocket.
Godejohn is expected to make an initial appearance in court on May 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly assaulting 12-year-old boy
- Disgraced former Waukesha County sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill