A 23-year-old Waukesha man was charged with carrying a concealed weapon after a McDonald's manager called police alleging the man was masturbating to pornography in the restaurant.
Nicholas P. Godejohn was charged on April 17 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, which carries a combined maximum sentence of one year in prison, $11,000 in fines, or both.
According to the criminal complaint:
Officers from Waukesha City Police were dispatched on March 11 to the McDonald’s Restaurant, located on 1635 E. Main St. in Waukesha, after receiving reports that a man was acting disorderly in the restaurant.
The restaurant manager told police that he walked by the man and saw that he was allegedly watching pornography with a hand down his pants. He said it looked like the man was masturbating.
Officers spoke to the man, identified as Godejohn, who told police he was seated in a booth and was viewing photographic movies on his laptop. He said he had his had down his pants because he needed to scratch himself.
Godejohn was search and police found in his possession a large folding knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade, in his pants pocket.
Godejohn is expected to make an initial appearance in court on May 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (2)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1