The Waukesha GuitarTown artists have turned in their masterpieces.
Now the public will wait until the first weekend of Friday Night Live when the close to 40 guitars will be unveiled June 7 at the GuitarTown festivities in downtown Waukesha.
The regular-sized guitars for the project were finished a couple weeks ago and were sent to Nashville, Tenn., to have strings and other related hardware put on them.
Meanwhile, the large fiberglass Gibson Les Paul sculpture guitars were sent to Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha to be clear-coated last week.
GuitarTown is a community art project that raises money for local charities and celebrates Waukesha's own Les Paul, an icon in the music industry.
The photo to the right features an oversized guitar done by students at Waukesha STEM Academy's Saratoga Campus.
On June 6 there will be a private gala at The Rotunda in downtown Waukesha for the artists where their guitars will be unveiled for the first time.
All the guitars will then be revealed to the public during the Waukesha GuitarTown festivities June 7, the opening of the Friday Night Live summer concert series in downtown.
- Waukesha Meijer supercenter to open Aug. 2
- News in Brief: June 30, 2016 issue
- School briefs: CMH recognition
- Funeral services: June 30, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha veteran, upset by fireworks, fired rifle into air (3)
- What's next for water: Officials discuss aspects of Waukesha's plan
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Fairest of Fair, free movies and more
- Summer food service program begins at Waukesha schools
- Woman fined for bringing marijuana to Waukesha court proceeding (5)
- Waukesha Plan Commission doesn't bite at proposed doggy day care, cites noise concerns