The Waukesha GuitarTown artists have turned in their masterpieces.
Now the public will wait until the first weekend of Friday Night Live when the close to 40 guitars will be unveiled June 7 at the GuitarTown festivities in downtown Waukesha.
The regular-sized guitars for the project were finished a couple weeks ago and were sent to Nashville, Tenn., to have strings and other related hardware put on them.
Meanwhile, the large fiberglass Gibson Les Paul sculpture guitars were sent to Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha to be clear-coated last week.
GuitarTown is a community art project that raises money for local charities and celebrates Waukesha's own Les Paul, an icon in the music industry.
The photo to the right features an oversized guitar done by students at Waukesha STEM Academy's Saratoga Campus.
On June 6 there will be a private gala at The Rotunda in downtown Waukesha for the artists where their guitars will be unveiled for the first time.
All the guitars will then be revealed to the public during the Waukesha GuitarTown festivities June 7, the opening of the Friday Night Live summer concert series in downtown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha in search of a new attorney
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Waukesha man faces 10 counts of child porn possession
- Waukesha County will likely oppose arena tax
- Apartment complex proposed
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Downtown Waukesha's logo could see a makeover
- City of Waukesha will have a new attorney next spring
- City of Waukesha's mayoral race has three candidates so far
- Local dance team tops in the region