The Waukesha GuitarTown artists have turned in their masterpieces.
Now the public will wait until the first weekend of Friday Night Live when the close to 40 guitars will be unveiled June 7 at the GuitarTown festivities in downtown Waukesha.
The regular-sized guitars for the project were finished a couple weeks ago and were sent to Nashville, Tenn., to have strings and other related hardware put on them.
Meanwhile, the large fiberglass Gibson Les Paul sculpture guitars were sent to Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha to be clear-coated last week.
GuitarTown is a community art project that raises money for local charities and celebrates Waukesha's own Les Paul, an icon in the music industry.
The photo to the right features an oversized guitar done by students at Waukesha STEM Academy's Saratoga Campus.
On June 6 there will be a private gala at The Rotunda in downtown Waukesha for the artists where their guitars will be unveiled for the first time.
All the guitars will then be revealed to the public during the Waukesha GuitarTown festivities June 7, the opening of the Friday Night Live summer concert series in downtown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha woman accused of stabbing boyfriend: 'you mess with me, you get cut'
- Several animals die in Waukesha house fire
- Multiple railroad crossings in Waukesha to receive repairs
- Editorial: It's time for the water fights to end
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Harp performers, Tribute concert series and more
- Waukesha Police Report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Parade, fireworks highlight Fourth of July festivities in Waukesha
- Top 10 things to do in Waukesha this summer
- Jury trials scheduled for Waukesha gas station homicide suspects
- Committee moves proposed downtown Waukesha apartment forward