The Waukesha GuitarTown artists have turned in their masterpieces.
Now the public will wait until the first weekend of Friday Night Live when the close to 40 guitars will be unveiled June 7 at the GuitarTown festivities in downtown Waukesha.
The regular-sized guitars for the project were finished a couple weeks ago and were sent to Nashville, Tenn., to have strings and other related hardware put on them.
Meanwhile, the large fiberglass Gibson Les Paul sculpture guitars were sent to Marshall Auto Body in Waukesha to be clear-coated last week.
GuitarTown is a community art project that raises money for local charities and celebrates Waukesha's own Les Paul, an icon in the music industry.
The photo to the right features an oversized guitar done by students at Waukesha STEM Academy's Saratoga Campus.
On June 6 there will be a private gala at The Rotunda in downtown Waukesha for the artists where their guitars will be unveiled for the first time.
All the guitars will then be revealed to the public during the Waukesha GuitarTown festivities June 7, the opening of the Friday Night Live summer concert series in downtown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha recommending sober server ordinance
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- Waukesha Community Briefs: 'Dead Man's Cell Phone,' 'Messiah' performance and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Facial tattoo helps Waukesha police bust armed robbery suspect