Woman charged in Memorial Day domestic dispute
Woman charged with allegedly smashing in car window
A 45-year-old Waukesha woman was charged with drunken driving with an 8-year-old passenger and disorderly conduct after a heated roadside argument on Memorial Day.
Sheila M. Rhodes was charged on May 28 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-offense operating while intoxicated, with a minor in the vehicle, and disorderly conduct, allegedly smashing in the window of her recently divorced husband’s car with a tire iron.
According to the criminal complaint:
A witness called police at approximately 1:15 a.m. on May 27 stating that there seemed to be a violent incident occurring at the intersection of Cambridge Avenue and Erin Lane.
Waukesha Police responded and spoke with one of the drivers, Calvin Rhodes, the recently divorced husband of Sheila. In the backseat of Sheila’s car was her 8-year-old grandson and Calvin’s vehicle had a smashed in rear window.
Calvin told police that earlier in the evening he had gone to his ex-wife’s home in Waukesha to watch a basketball game. While he was there, Sheila allegedly hid his keys to prevent him from leaving, forcing him to call AAA to have his car unlocked.
He said that Sheila allegedly trailed him when he left her apartment, concerned that he was going to another woman’s house in Milwaukee. Calvin pulled over and tried to reassure her that was not the case, but she was unconvinced. She then went to her car and pulled out a tire iron, Calvin said, and allegedly smashed in his rear window.
He agreed to come back to her apartment because, “he did not want to get into another high speed pursuit.”
Sheila failed a field sobriety test administered by police and had a blood-alcohol level of .09.
If convicted, Sheila Rhodes could face up to nine months in prison, $2,100 in fines, or both.
Her next expected court date is June 28.
- Waukesha Meijer supercenter to open Aug. 2
- News in Brief: June 30, 2016 issue
- School briefs: CMH recognition
- Funeral services: June 30, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha veteran, upset by fireworks, fired rifle into air (3)
- What's next for water: Officials discuss aspects of Waukesha's plan
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Fairest of Fair, free movies and more
- Summer food service program begins at Waukesha schools
- Woman fined for bringing marijuana to Waukesha court proceeding (5)
- Waukesha Plan Commission doesn't bite at proposed doggy day care, cites noise concerns