Woman charged in Memorial Day domestic dispute
Woman charged with allegedly smashing in car window
A 45-year-old Waukesha woman was charged with drunken driving with an 8-year-old passenger and disorderly conduct after a heated roadside argument on Memorial Day.
Sheila M. Rhodes was charged on May 28 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-offense operating while intoxicated, with a minor in the vehicle, and disorderly conduct, allegedly smashing in the window of her recently divorced husband’s car with a tire iron.
According to the criminal complaint:
A witness called police at approximately 1:15 a.m. on May 27 stating that there seemed to be a violent incident occurring at the intersection of Cambridge Avenue and Erin Lane.
Waukesha Police responded and spoke with one of the drivers, Calvin Rhodes, the recently divorced husband of Sheila. In the backseat of Sheila’s car was her 8-year-old grandson and Calvin’s vehicle had a smashed in rear window.
Calvin told police that earlier in the evening he had gone to his ex-wife’s home in Waukesha to watch a basketball game. While he was there, Sheila allegedly hid his keys to prevent him from leaving, forcing him to call AAA to have his car unlocked.
He said that Sheila allegedly trailed him when he left her apartment, concerned that he was going to another woman’s house in Milwaukee. Calvin pulled over and tried to reassure her that was not the case, but she was unconvinced. She then went to her car and pulled out a tire iron, Calvin said, and allegedly smashed in his rear window.
He agreed to come back to her apartment because, “he did not want to get into another high speed pursuit.”
Sheila failed a field sobriety test administered by police and had a blood-alcohol level of .09.
If convicted, Sheila Rhodes could face up to nine months in prison, $2,100 in fines, or both.
Her next expected court date is June 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha
- Controversial two-town incorporation remains uncertain and undecided in Waukesha-Brookfield area