In less than two weeks, Woodman's Food Market in the City of Waukesha will open to customers.
The opening date, June 19, was announced on the store's website Friday. The store, at 1600 E. Main St., is a change from the original July 1 opening date Woodman's had set.
A Woodman's representative said the July 1 grand opening is still scheduled but that the earlier date is more of a "soft open."
Construction plans have stayed ahead of schedule which allowed for the new opening date, the representative said.
The 240,000-square-foot Woodman's facility will be joined by a gas station and seven additional lots for one- to two-acre developments. More than 200 jobs will result from the opening.
Woodman's representatives were interviewing for positions last week.
The 34-acre property is at the former Spancrete site on the city's northeast side.
Spancrete, which made pre-stressed concrete for the construction industry, closed in late-2010 and permanently shut down in April 2011.
Woodman's, known for being a 100-percent employee-owned operation, has opened four stores in Wisconsin in the last five years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (2)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1