In less than two weeks, Woodman's Food Market in the City of Waukesha will open to customers.
The opening date, June 19, was announced on the store's website Friday. The store, at 1600 E. Main St., is a change from the original July 1 opening date Woodman's had set.
A Woodman's representative said the July 1 grand opening is still scheduled but that the earlier date is more of a "soft open."
Construction plans have stayed ahead of schedule which allowed for the new opening date, the representative said.
The 240,000-square-foot Woodman's facility will be joined by a gas station and seven additional lots for one- to two-acre developments. More than 200 jobs will result from the opening.
Woodman's representatives were interviewing for positions last week.
The 34-acre property is at the former Spancrete site on the city's northeast side.
Spancrete, which made pre-stressed concrete for the construction industry, closed in late-2010 and permanently shut down in April 2011.
Woodman's, known for being a 100-percent employee-owned operation, has opened four stores in Wisconsin in the last five years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man, 18, charged with stealing his friend's mom's vehicle in Waukesha (1)
- Carroll University seeks food donations as national service project kicks off
- Fire at Waukesha residence starts while tenant was working on vehicle
- Editorial: Will history repeat itself? For the sake of the old Waukesha County Courthouse, we hope not
- Waukesha man charged after allegedly assaulting and groping teenage girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood donor reward, autism fundraiser and more
- Waukesha man faces hit-and-run charge tied to February bar incident
- Waukesha Police Report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Waukesha developer says condos were in his plan, but he wanted to preserve the Blair House
- Town, school board races highlight spring election in Waukesha