A 24-year-old Waukesha man was charged Friday with breaking into his parents' Town of Vernon home last year, stealing electronics, jewelry, credit cards, and ammunition. Some of the items were eventually recovered in Chicago.
Andrew A. Kedzierski was charged June 14 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with party to the crime of burglary (repeater), which carries a maximum sentence of more than 18 years in prison, $25,000 in fines, or both.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha County Sheriff's deputies responded to a burglary call Aug. 12 at the residence of Richard and Judy Kedzierski, W252 S6480 Lucille Court, Town of Vernon,.
Family friend Glen Gerhke told police that he was house sitting for the couple while they on vacation. When he checked on the residence on Aug. 12 he noticed that a back window had been smashed in with a brick and several items were missing, including a flat-screen television, computer monitor and several hundred rounds of ammunition.
Richard told police that he suspected his son Andrew was involved in the theft, the complaint said. He told police that Andrew had "serious drug addiction issues," allegedly addicted to heroin and marijuana.
The next day, Andrew was arrested in one of Chicago's "high drug areas," along with his girlfriend and two friends. Police found 200 rounds of .22-caliber rifle ammunition, several speed loaders and a flat-screen television and computer monitor matching the description of the one stolen from the Kedzierski residence, the complaint said.
Andrew Kedzierski is expected to be in court June 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (1)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights