A 24-year-old Waukesha man was charged Friday with breaking into his parents' Town of Vernon home last year, stealing electronics, jewelry, credit cards, and ammunition. Some of the items were eventually recovered in Chicago.
Andrew A. Kedzierski was charged June 14 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with party to the crime of burglary (repeater), which carries a maximum sentence of more than 18 years in prison, $25,000 in fines, or both.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha County Sheriff's deputies responded to a burglary call Aug. 12 at the residence of Richard and Judy Kedzierski, W252 S6480 Lucille Court, Town of Vernon,.
Family friend Glen Gerhke told police that he was house sitting for the couple while they on vacation. When he checked on the residence on Aug. 12 he noticed that a back window had been smashed in with a brick and several items were missing, including a flat-screen television, computer monitor and several hundred rounds of ammunition.
Richard told police that he suspected his son Andrew was involved in the theft, the complaint said. He told police that Andrew had "serious drug addiction issues," allegedly addicted to heroin and marijuana.
The next day, Andrew was arrested in one of Chicago's "high drug areas," along with his girlfriend and two friends. Police found 200 rounds of .22-caliber rifle ammunition, several speed loaders and a flat-screen television and computer monitor matching the description of the one stolen from the Kedzierski residence, the complaint said.
Andrew Kedzierski is expected to be in court June 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm