This was supposed to be just Day 2 of the Woodman's Food Market on the City of Waukesha's northeast side being open.
But the 240,000 square-foot store has been open since Friday.
"Everything was ready," said Clint Woodman, manager of the family-operated store based in Janesville, Wis. "We were ready with the registers and the store was well-stocked."
Scrima's Pizza located inside the store, also opened Friday, Woodman said.
However, those shopping have experienced the construction taking place on and around the 34-acre property at 1600 E. Main St.
One of the entrances on E. Main St. is closed, but the one by the gas station/car wash that is being constructed on the east side is open. But Woodman said that entrance is open for drivers just for a right turn coming in and out.
Woodman said the entrance on Main Street that is closed should be open by the end of this week.
The other entrance, a Private Right of Way off South Highway 164 on the northeast side of the facility, is also closed.
But there are two entrances open on Manhattan Drive on the west side of the property.
Woodman added the gas, oil change and car wash is expected to open by the end of July.
Woodman said a grand opening that will include a ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled for July 16.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled