A 41-year-old Waukesha man was charged Friday with allegedly running what police described as a “sophisticated” marijuana growing operation out of his basement.
Kevin J. Noe was charged June 14 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with possession with intent to deliver THC (greater than 200 grams, but less than 1000 grams), possession of drug paraphernalia, maintaining a drug trafficking place and manufacturing THC (greater than 200 grams, less than 1000).
Noe pleaded no contest to various drug-related offenses in both 1994 and 2005.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha City Police were dispatched March 9 to Noe’s residence, 913 Madison Street, to respond to a domestic disturbance call.
Standing in the doorway, An officer saw bags and mason jars filled with marijuana, according to the complaint, as well as various drug paraphernalia.
The officer went down into the basement area and found a 4 feet wide and 8 feet long tent. Inside the tent was five marijuana plants, each about a foot tall, according to the complaint. Another tent contained several plants that were 2 feet tall, according to the complaint.
Also found was specialized growing equipment, including sophisticated lighting, ventilation and air purification systems, the complaint reads.
Noe told police in a statement that he had started growing marijuana about a year ago, according to the complaint. He said he used to take pain pills for a back problem, but found himself getting addicted, so he decided to smoke marijuana instead.
He claimed that the marijuana was for personal use only and he smoked about an ounce a week, according to the complaint.
Noe could face more than 23 years in prison, $30,000 in fines, or both, if convicted.
His next expected court date is June 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns arrested, charged for domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly manufacturing, selling cocaine
- Waukesha man accused of molesting, groping his granddaughter for years
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Apple harvest, lawn care and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Waukesha wants judge to reverse ruling on former fire chief's job
- Waukesha asks public for help to fund new downtown holiday lights
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case
- The Clarke Hotel in downtown Waukesha again looks to fill vacancy with general manager stepping down