An 18-year-old Waukesha man was charged Wednesday, June 26 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree reckless endangerment, allegedly stabbing his uncle during a domestic dispute.
According to the complaint, Waukesha City Police were dispatched at 8:15 a.m. on Monday, June 24 to the home of Watke’s grandmother, 330 Jasper Lane, after receiving reports of a stabbing.
Officers entered the home and found a “significant” amount of blood on the kitchen floor and Watke curled up near the refrigerator. Roger Giese, Watke’s uncle, was wearing a tourniquet around his thigh and his pants were dyed “maroon” from the blood, the complaint reads.
Bonnie Giese, Watke’s grandmother, told police that her grandson was autistic and she was looking after him while his mother was away.
She said that her and her grandson had been arguing that morning about watching television, according to the complaint. Watke’s uncle called the teen’s mother and gave Watke the phone. His nephew allegedly threw it at the wall.
Watke then allegedly went into the kitchen and pulled out a knife, according to the complaint. Roger remembers hearing Bonnie yell, “Jake, No!”
Roger and Watke struggled over the knife before it was plunged into Roger’s thigh, leaving a 1-inch stab wound, according to the complaint. Bonnie Giese said that Watke then fell to the floor and began moaning.
Watke is being held on a $10,000 cash bond and could face up to 10 years in prison and $25,000 in fines if convicted.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha