An 18-year-old Waukesha man was charged Wednesday, June 26 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree reckless endangerment, allegedly stabbing his uncle during a domestic dispute.
According to the complaint, Waukesha City Police were dispatched at 8:15 a.m. on Monday, June 24 to the home of Watke’s grandmother, 330 Jasper Lane, after receiving reports of a stabbing.
Officers entered the home and found a “significant” amount of blood on the kitchen floor and Watke curled up near the refrigerator. Roger Giese, Watke’s uncle, was wearing a tourniquet around his thigh and his pants were dyed “maroon” from the blood, the complaint reads.
Bonnie Giese, Watke’s grandmother, told police that her grandson was autistic and she was looking after him while his mother was away.
She said that her and her grandson had been arguing that morning about watching television, according to the complaint. Watke’s uncle called the teen’s mother and gave Watke the phone. His nephew allegedly threw it at the wall.
Watke then allegedly went into the kitchen and pulled out a knife, according to the complaint. Roger remembers hearing Bonnie yell, “Jake, No!”
Roger and Watke struggled over the knife before it was plunged into Roger’s thigh, leaving a 1-inch stab wound, according to the complaint. Bonnie Giese said that Watke then fell to the floor and began moaning.
Watke is being held on a $10,000 cash bond and could face up to 10 years in prison and $25,000 in fines if convicted.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for July 1.
- Carroll University's new Lowry Hall gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Waukesha native's Smart Program Training targets dementia progression
- Now You Know: branch collection
- News in Brief: June 23, 2016 issue
- Funeral services: June 23, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's water diversion application wins unanimous approval
- Plea hearing set for Waukesha man accused of pointing unloaded assault rifle at police
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Kitty shower, wordly talk and more
- Waukesha police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's iconic Gasthaus restaurant to close this weekend (4)