Miniature golf enthusiasts from around the country will gather in Waukesha for the Prairieville Park U.S. Pro Mini Golf Tournament on July 20.
This event is popular among mini-golf competitors and amateurs competing for $1,600 in prize money.
The Prairieville tournament is open to the first 108 golfers who register, with the top six players competing in the championship round at the end of the day, approximately 1:30 p.m.
This tournament is stroke play format, meaning the player with the least number of putts, determines the champion. Past competitors have identified Prairieville Park as one of the best-maintained and most-challenging courses they have competed on across the country.
Bill and Linda Gustafson opened Prairieville Park in 1995 and have hosted this event since 2004.
Funds generated from this event are donated to Brothers and Sisters in Christ Serving (BASICS), a charitable organization that reaches out to Waukesha & metropolitan Milwaukee meeting the needs of impoverished children and families.
"We congratulate Bill and Linda on their efforts to raise awareness and funds to support those in need in our community, while hosting a fun and highly competitive tournament at their facility," said Tammy Tritz, Executive Director of the Waukesha & Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau. "We are proud to host this qualifier for the national tournament in our community and it reminds us all of the spectacular facilities we are fortunate to have in our backyard."
For more tournament details, visit www.prairievillepark.com or call (262) 784-4653.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha