Karen Ruff retiring from Waukesha County Sheriff's Detective Bureau
Has been with county since 1978
Capt. Karen Ruff is calling it a career.
After 34 years, Ruff is retiring from the Waukesha County Sheriff Detective Bureau as the division commander.
Her last day is July 26.
During her career that began in 1978 as detective captain, she served on The Advisory Committee for the Violence Prevention Initiative, which was formed by The Women's Center Board with a vision of reducing domestic violence, sexual assault, gender violence and child abuse.
Since 1977, The Women's Center has provided shelter, safety and support to victims of these crimes as well as community education on prevention. The goal of this Initiative is to put more resources into prevention.
In an email to the media, Ruff said on her retirement, "I thought it may be time for me to go discover what a normal life might be like."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights