Karen Ruff retiring from Waukesha County Sheriff's Detective Bureau
Has been with county since 1978
Capt. Karen Ruff is calling it a career.
After 34 years, Ruff is retiring from the Waukesha County Sheriff Detective Bureau as the division commander.
Her last day is July 26.
During her career that began in 1978 as detective captain, she served on The Advisory Committee for the Violence Prevention Initiative, which was formed by The Women's Center Board with a vision of reducing domestic violence, sexual assault, gender violence and child abuse.
Since 1977, The Women's Center has provided shelter, safety and support to victims of these crimes as well as community education on prevention. The goal of this Initiative is to put more resources into prevention.
In an email to the media, Ruff said on her retirement, "I thought it may be time for me to go discover what a normal life might be like."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs