Karen Ruff retiring from Waukesha County Sheriff's Detective Bureau
Has been with county since 1978
Capt. Karen Ruff is calling it a career.
After 34 years, Ruff is retiring from the Waukesha County Sheriff Detective Bureau as the division commander.
Her last day is July 26.
During her career that began in 1978 as detective captain, she served on The Advisory Committee for the Violence Prevention Initiative, which was formed by The Women's Center Board with a vision of reducing domestic violence, sexual assault, gender violence and child abuse.
Since 1977, The Women's Center has provided shelter, safety and support to victims of these crimes as well as community education on prevention. The goal of this Initiative is to put more resources into prevention.
In an email to the media, Ruff said on her retirement, "I thought it may be time for me to go discover what a normal life might be like."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother
- Downtown Waukesha holiday lights project comes up short in fundraising efforts
- Big lines expected at the polls in Waukesha