A 40-year-old woman was hit by a train at 12:36 p.m. Monday near Frame Park in Waukesha.
Flight for Life transported the woman to Froedtert Hospital and is in serious condition, Lt. Tom Wagner of the Waukesha Police Department said.
The accident occurred at the intersection of Whiterock Avenue and Perkins Avenue.
When Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel arrived, the woman was found lying next to the railroad tracks.
The victim was medically assessed by police and paramedics and was immediately transported to the hospital.
All Waukesha roadways have resumed normal traffic.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood donor reward, autism fundraiser and more
- Waukesha man faces hit-and-run charge tied to February bar incident
- Waukesha Police Report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Waukesha developer says condos were in his plan, but he wanted to preserve the Blair House
- Town, school board races highlight spring election in Waukesha
- Waukesha County Museum will temporarily suspend its operations as part of new plan
- Perspective: Considering downtown Waukesha's long-term future
- Waukesha robotics team wins regional championship
- HAWS asking for public support to help seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- City of Waukesha committee recommends sober server ordinance for bars