A 40-year-old woman was hit by a train at 12:36 p.m. Monday near Frame Park in Waukesha.
Flight for Life transported the woman to Froedtert Hospital and is in serious condition, Lt. Tom Wagner of the Waukesha Police Department said.
The accident occurred at the intersection of Whiterock Avenue and Perkins Avenue.
When Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel arrived, the woman was found lying next to the railroad tracks.
The victim was medically assessed by police and paramedics and was immediately transported to the hospital.
All Waukesha roadways have resumed normal traffic.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha
- Controversial two-town incorporation remains uncertain and undecided in Waukesha-Brookfield area