A 40-year-old woman was hit by a train at 12:36 p.m. Monday near Frame Park in Waukesha.
Flight for Life transported the woman to Froedtert Hospital and is in serious condition, Lt. Tom Wagner of the Waukesha Police Department said.
The accident occurred at the intersection of Whiterock Avenue and Perkins Avenue.
When Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel arrived, the woman was found lying next to the railroad tracks.
The victim was medically assessed by police and paramedics and was immediately transported to the hospital.
All Waukesha roadways have resumed normal traffic.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (2)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1