A 40-year-old woman was hit by a train at 12:36 p.m. Monday near Frame Park in Waukesha.
Flight for Life transported the woman to Froedtert Hospital and is in serious condition, Lt. Tom Wagner of the Waukesha Police Department said.
The accident occurred at the intersection of Whiterock Avenue and Perkins Avenue.
When Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel arrived, the woman was found lying next to the railroad tracks.
The victim was medically assessed by police and paramedics and was immediately transported to the hospital.
All Waukesha roadways have resumed normal traffic.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS events, holiday events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha man abused, threatened his girlfriend with a knife
- Family of Waukesha parade's grand marshal also has reason to be thankful
- Waukesha holiday tree-lighting ceremony salutes military on Friday
- Armored vehicle not shielded from Waukesha budget debate
- Sen. Paul Farrow announces bid to replace Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas
- Burlington's city administrator Kevin Lahner selected to same position in Waukesha
- Waukesha Common Council approves a 2.73 percent tax levy increase for 2015
- Doctor says Waukesha stabbing suspect in Slender Man case now competent to continue