Half of Kendal Lofts apartments open next week in downtown Waukesha
Other rooms will open Oct. 1
It's taken longer than anticipated, but tenants will soon be moving into the Kendal Lofts complex in downtown Waukesha.
Half of the 42 units, those on the second and third floors, open Sept. 1.
The other half, on the fourth floor, will open a month later, said Kendal Group LTD General Manager Heidi Miller.
The apartment complex, which consists of one-bedroom, two-bedroom and lofts, was originally scheduled to be finished in July.
But Miller said the exposed timber frame featured in the building (similar to buildings in the Historic Third Ward in Milwaukee) was a challenge that ultimately pushed the opening date back by a couple of months.
"It's kind of a unique product," said Miller, adding the 100 percent concrete structure adds to the energy efficiency of the building. "People love it so far, as everything is custom. We thought it would be neat."
The Waukesha location adds to the three other Kendal Group LTD properties across the area.
The Dwell Bay View, 2440 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., is in Bay View, the Junior House Lofts, 710 S. 3rd St., is in the Walkers Point Third Ward in Milwaukee and The River Bend Lofts is in downtown Racine.
The Kendal Group LTD acquired the Racine property, which also has timber-framed lofts, while it opened the two Milwaukee-area locations in the last two years.
Miller said coming to Waukesha started with initially wanting to build a restaurant along the Fox River. A restaurant didn't materialize, but Miller couldn't be more pleased with the apartment complex.
"The river was a draw for us," Miller said.
Tours for prospective tenants are being scheduled by appointment, Miller said.
For more information on Kendal Lofts, visit www.kendallofts.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother
- Downtown Waukesha holiday lights project comes up short in fundraising efforts
- Big lines expected at the polls in Waukesha