Waukesha man charged in pot mailing plot
Man, 30, allegedly had marijuana flown in from Colorado
A 30-year-old Waukesha man was charged Aug. 15 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony marijuana possession, allegedly having high-quality marijuana shipped by mail to his College Avenue apartment.
According to the criminal complaint, postal inspectors first because suspicious of packages sent to Kurt A. Breyman in February. The complaint states that five packages were sent to Breyman in the spring from a "V. Jackson" living in Denver, Colo.
A detective with the Waukesha County Metro Drug Unit obtained a search warrant and found in one of the packages two bags of marijuana weighing almost a pound.
The detective went to Breyman's address, 710 College Ave. #3, and spoke to his girlfriend. He claimed to be a next-door neighbor who received the package in error. Breyman admitted to the officer via telephone that he was expecting a package from Denver sent by "V. Jackson."
The detective identified himself as a police officer and Breyman's girlfriend denied knowing what was in the package. Breyman told the detective he had received five packages in the past containing anywhere from 4 to 12 ounces of marijuana.
Breyman was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after a search of his apartment turned up several pipes.
Breyman could face up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted.
He is expected to make an initial appearance in court on Sept. 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Proposed Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Attorney requests Slender Man stabbing suspect Morgan Geyser be moved to treatment facility
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more
- Wife granted restraining order against former Waukesha County detective (1)
- Vehicle fire in Waukesha apartment building's underground parking garage creates 'an explosion'
- Former town of Waukesha chairwoman, resident file ethics complaint against chairman (2)
- Waukesha robotics team stays in top gear in regional competition en route to international event
- Waukesha Police Report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Oconomowoc man accused of getting high in store bathroom enters plea