Waukesha man charged in pot mailing plot
Man, 30, allegedly had marijuana flown in from Colorado
A 30-year-old Waukesha man was charged Aug. 15 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony marijuana possession, allegedly having high-quality marijuana shipped by mail to his College Avenue apartment.
According to the criminal complaint, postal inspectors first because suspicious of packages sent to Kurt A. Breyman in February. The complaint states that five packages were sent to Breyman in the spring from a "V. Jackson" living in Denver, Colo.
A detective with the Waukesha County Metro Drug Unit obtained a search warrant and found in one of the packages two bags of marijuana weighing almost a pound.
The detective went to Breyman's address, 710 College Ave. #3, and spoke to his girlfriend. He claimed to be a next-door neighbor who received the package in error. Breyman admitted to the officer via telephone that he was expecting a package from Denver sent by "V. Jackson."
The detective identified himself as a police officer and Breyman's girlfriend denied knowing what was in the package. Breyman told the detective he had received five packages in the past containing anywhere from 4 to 12 ounces of marijuana.
Breyman was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after a search of his apartment turned up several pipes.
Breyman could face up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted.
He is expected to make an initial appearance in court on Sept. 9.
- Long-term construction project on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha begins
- Police searching for man mistakenly released from Waukesha County Jail
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site (1)
- Waukesha News Briefs: May 5, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Choral concert, art crawl and more
- Waukesha police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theater's 'Annie Get Your Gun' hits the mark
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (2)
- Service area reduced for Waukesha's water diversion application (3)