Waukesha man charged in pot mailing plot
Man, 30, allegedly had marijuana flown in from Colorado
A 30-year-old Waukesha man was charged Aug. 15 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony marijuana possession, allegedly having high-quality marijuana shipped by mail to his College Avenue apartment.
According to the criminal complaint, postal inspectors first because suspicious of packages sent to Kurt A. Breyman in February. The complaint states that five packages were sent to Breyman in the spring from a "V. Jackson" living in Denver, Colo.
A detective with the Waukesha County Metro Drug Unit obtained a search warrant and found in one of the packages two bags of marijuana weighing almost a pound.
The detective went to Breyman's address, 710 College Ave. #3, and spoke to his girlfriend. He claimed to be a next-door neighbor who received the package in error. Breyman admitted to the officer via telephone that he was expecting a package from Denver sent by "V. Jackson."
The detective identified himself as a police officer and Breyman's girlfriend denied knowing what was in the package. Breyman told the detective he had received five packages in the past containing anywhere from 4 to 12 ounces of marijuana.
Breyman was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after a search of his apartment turned up several pipes.
Breyman could face up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted.
He is expected to make an initial appearance in court on Sept. 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha police respond to 'rowdy' wrestling fans
- District 97 state assembly seat sees another Republican, libertarian file
- Neylon announces his re-election bid for his District 98 assembly seat
- Bunny Hop, Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for Saturday in downtown Waukesha
- Thursday paper delayed
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek battles car fire in Muskego
- Former Town of Waukesha Supervisor Joe Banske running for District 97 state assembly seat
- Shawn Reilly sworn in as Waukesha's new mayor
- Editorial: Renaming Central as Les Paul Middle School a strum of genius
- Appeals court reverses local ruling on Waukesha man's deportation