Waukesha man charged with possessing toddler porn
Complaint: Peeples, 38, accused of trading "obvious" child porn online
A 38-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with possessing approximately 450,000 images of child pornography, including several videos allegedly depicting toddlers being sexually assaulted.
Kevin L. Peeples was charged on Monday, Aug. 19 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with one count of child sexploitation and 10 counts of child pornography possession.
According to the criminal complaint, a detective with the Waukesha City Police Department found on July 12 evidence that child pornography was being distributed through a popular file-sharing network.
The detective obtained a search warrant and was able to determine that the IP address associated with pornography was registered to Peeples. A search warrant for Peeple's residence was executed on Friday, Aug. 16. Police seized a laptop and desktop computer belonging to Peeples and discovered the devices contained an "extremely large volume of obvious child pornography."
Altogether, 450,000 images of child pornography and erotica was found on the man's desktop computer, the complaint states, including several videos depicting sex acts being performed on toddlers.
According to the complaint, one 17-minute video depicted an unidentified man and woman sexually assaulting a child suspected of being only a year old.
Peeples, also known as "Joseph Dansen" and "Mark Diablo," admitted to using a file-sharing network to download popular movies, but changed the subject when police asked about the child pornography, the complaint states.
According to court records, Peeples was previously convicted in 1998 in Waukesha County with having sexual intercourse with a child age 16 or older. A sentence was held in lieu of 18 months probation.
The man, who is being held on a $250,000 cash bond, could face up to 290 years in prison and $1.1 million in fines if convicted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Steinhafels distribution center expansion on horizon
- News briefs: New degree path at UW-Waukesha
- Coolidge Avenue apartment owners sue the City of Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Nov. 27, 2014
- Waukesha Business Briefs: Health center lauded, Shorewest honored, more
- Waukesha's Kmart redevelopment could give East Sunset Drive a commercial boost
- Waukesha adjusts timeline for Great Lakes water, won't meet radium-compliance deadline
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Despite concerns, Waukesha Downtown Business Association will continue to lead farmers market
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS events, holiday events and more