Waukesha man charged in alleged brawl with teenagers
Complaint: Man, 46, allegedly spit on a police officer
A 46-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with allegedly starting a fight with several teenagers and spitting on a police officer.
Steven L. Leslie was charged on Sept. 11 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony bail jumping, discharging bodily fluid at a public safety worker, misdemeanor bail jumping, resisting an officer and disorderly conduct.
Leslie has several charges pendng against him in both Waukesha County and Marquette County, for offenses ranging from disorderly conduct to distributing marijuana.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha City Police broke up a fight between several teenagers and Leslie that took place in downtown Waukesha at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 10.
The teenagers told police they were walking home from a friend's house when the man began shouting insults and vulgarities at them.
Leslie was "highly agitated" while speaking to police and allegedly began insulting a female officer, saying he did not respect women, the complaint states. Leslie was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct. While in a holding cell, Leslie allegedly spit on an officer who was trying to explain his charges to him, the complaint states.
The man had also urinated and spit all over his holding cell, police said in the complaint. Leslie is currently being held on a $2,500 cash bond. His public defender has requested that Leslie be examined to ensure he has the mental competency to stand trial.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled