As of Tuesday, the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department still had not released the name of a man who was struck and killed by a train Friday night.
According to the department, a white male died after he collided with a train a quarter mile south of Sunset Drive around 10 p.m. Friday.
The Sheriff's Department said the accident is still under investigation. According to the city's police dispatch log, an engineer told police it appeared to be a suicide, but authorities have not confirmed this.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha in search of a new attorney
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Waukesha man faces 10 counts of child porn possession
- Waukesha County will likely oppose arena tax
- Apartment complex proposed
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Downtown Waukesha's logo could see a makeover
- City of Waukesha will have a new attorney next spring
- City of Waukesha's mayoral race has three candidates so far
- Local dance team tops in the region