Waukesha man charged with groping girlfriend's daughter
Man, 53, could face up to 60 years in prison
A 53-year-old Waukesha man was charged Sept. 27 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree child sex assault, accused of groping his girlfriend's daughter.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha Child Protective Services reported the alleged sexual assault to Waukesha City Police on July 9.
The girl, now 15, told police that the man had crawled into bed with her in the summer of 2011 and allegedly fondled her breasts, the complaint states. She said he seemed intoxicated and "freaked out" after the incident, claiming that he was just saying good night.
She said that she had told her mother about the incident after the man was imprisoned for drunken driving. Her mother confronted him about the incident, but he denied it, the complaint states.
The man, who will not be named by Waukesha Now so as to protect the victim, could face up to 60 years in prison if convicted.
He is expected to make an initial appearance in court on Oct. 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man receives prison sentence for battering pregnant girlfriend
- Wapp Jr. guilty of selling drugs from southwest side Waukesha home last year
- Waukesha man who pointed rifle at police is charged with six felonies
- Waukesha Community Briefs: pet events, Chinese New Year and more
- Mad Rooster Cafe considers former Hardees site in downtown Waukesha
- Video: Catholic Memorial High School's Innovation Wing opens to rave reviews
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theatre's 'Almost, Maine' gets it more than almost right
- Waukesha gas station murder suspect Darrin Malone heads to trial
- Pizza maker and caterer prep new spaces in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue