One robbery and one attempted robbery occurred within two days of each other in Waukesha.
First, a Speedway Gas Station, 1600 E. Sunset Drive, was robbed at 3:54 a.m. Saturday.
The suspect, who fled after taking an undisclosed amount of cash, is described as a lighter-skinned Mexican man about 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-7 with a dark buzz cut. He was described as being in his late 30s.
There were no visible piercings or tattoos seen, the police log indicates. He was wearing black shorts and a black fleece-type coat with a gray T-shirt underneath, the log says.
According to the log, a black T-shirt was tied around his face as a mask. He was wearing tennis shoes.
The police report also indicates that the man displayed a butcher knife.
Two days later, there was an attempted robbery at about 4:15 a.m. Monday at the Broadway Petro Mart, 114 E. Broadway.
The suspect is described as a dark-skinned muscular built man wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt.
According to the police log, the suspect took money from the cash register while an employee was sweeping, but Capt. Ron Oremus said it didn't appear that the man got away with any money.
He was wearing a tan coat, blue jeans and dark shoes and like Saturday's robbery, a gray shirt covered his face.
The man fled on foot. No weapon was seen but it was implied that he had one, Oremus said.
Oremus noted that the Broadway Petro Mart is where a fatal armed robbery occurred last year. Billy J. Ingram was convicted of first degree intentional homicide in the shooting death of Nayyar M. Rana, the overnight clerk, in June and was sentenced to life in prison in August.
No one is in custody for either robbery and both investigations are open.
"With any luck we'll get some more breaks," said Oremus, who added interviews with witnesses are still taking place.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee