Taco Bell employee accused of stealing
A 23-year-old Waukesha woman was charged Oct. 4 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with misdemeanor business theft for allegedly trying to steal money from a Taco Bell.
According to the criminal complaint, an officer with the Pewaukee Police Department was dispatched on July 27 to the Taco Bell at 1355 Capitol Drive to investigate an alleged theft.
A manager at the store told police that she suspected employee Dakota L. Czechorski of pocketing $575 from the store's safe. The employee contacted police and said that she had returned the money, but the owners still wished to pursue charges.
Czechorski has a listed address of 720 East St. Paul Ave., Waukesha, according to court records.
She is expected to make an initial appearance in court on Oct. 21.
Man charged after alleged relationship with student
Joseph P. Howard was charged on Oct. 1 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree sexual assault of a child and contributing to the delinquency of a child. Howard allegedly had sexual relations with a 14-year-old student at Waukesha South High School; he was working in the school's cafeteria during the alleged incident, the complaint states.
Howard, a cafeteria worker for Sudexo Food Service, had apparently been sending messages via Facebook to the girl since April, the complaint states. The girl told investigators in the complaint that the two had met on May 3 and drove to Hillcrest Park, 401 E. Roberta Ave., to smoke marijuana.
The complaint said she was under the influence when Howard allegedly began kissing her and groping her, the report states. She told him no and he drove her back home, she told police.
Howard said they, "made out and touched each other," but he denied knowing how old the girl was.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother
- Downtown Waukesha holiday lights project comes up short in fundraising efforts
- Big lines expected at the polls in Waukesha