The City of Waukesha began its annual leaf pickup this week, below is the schedule for remaining dates for pickup. Have leaves raked to the terrace area (area between sidewalk and street) in front of your home by 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of pickup.
The city's recycle center, 750 Sentry Drive, will accept leaves at no charge to city residents from Oct. 21 through Dec. 14.
Recycle center hours are: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21-Dec. 9 with leaves dropped off only, no other items accepted; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, through Dec. 11 with leaves and other items accepted; and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday year round with leaves and other items accepted.
Raking leaves into the gutter is prohibited by city ordinance. Burning leaves and debris is also prohibited. Residents are encouraged to mulch their leaves.
For more information, visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us, or call (262) 524-3600.
|Aldermanic District||First scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Second scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Third scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves|
|1||Oct. 21||Nov. 6||Dec. 2|
|2||Oct. 30||Nov. 7||Dec. 11|
|3||Oct 21||Nov. 4||Dec. 2|
|4||Oct. 30||Nov. 19||Dec. 11|
|5||Oct. 23||Nov. 12||Dec. 4|
|6||Oct. 29||Nov. 7||Dec. 10|
|7||Oct. 31||Nov. 20||Dec. 12|
|8||Oct. 24||Nov. 14||Dec. 5|
|9||Oct. 28||Nov. 18||Dec. 9|
|10||Nov. 1||Nov. 21||Dec. 13|
|11||Oct. 29||Nov. 13||Dec. 10|
|12||Oct. 22||Nov. 8||Dec. 3|
|13||Oct. 25||Nov. 15||Dec. 6|
|14||Oct. 22||Nov. 11||Dec. 3|
|15||Oct. 23||Nov. 5||Dec. 4|
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- District 97 state assembly seat sees another Republican, libertarian file
- Neylon announces his re-election bid for his District 98 assembly seat
- Bunny Hop, Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for Saturday in downtown Waukesha
- Thursday paper delayed
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek battles car fire in Muskego
- Former Town of Waukesha Supervisor Joe Banske running for District 97 state assembly seat
- Shawn Reilly sworn in as Waukesha's new mayor
- Editorial: Renaming Central as Les Paul Middle School a strum of genius
- Appeals court reverses local ruling on Waukesha man's deportation
- Now a former mayor, Scrima stands by his reform efforts in Waukesha