The City of Waukesha began its annual leaf pickup this week, below is the schedule for remaining dates for pickup. Have leaves raked to the terrace area (area between sidewalk and street) in front of your home by 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of pickup.
The city's recycle center, 750 Sentry Drive, will accept leaves at no charge to city residents from Oct. 21 through Dec. 14.
Recycle center hours are: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21-Dec. 9 with leaves dropped off only, no other items accepted; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, through Dec. 11 with leaves and other items accepted; and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday year round with leaves and other items accepted.
Raking leaves into the gutter is prohibited by city ordinance. Burning leaves and debris is also prohibited. Residents are encouraged to mulch their leaves.
For more information, visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us, or call (262) 524-3600.
|Aldermanic District||First scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Second scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Third scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves|
|1||Oct. 21||Nov. 6||Dec. 2|
|2||Oct. 30||Nov. 7||Dec. 11|
|3||Oct 21||Nov. 4||Dec. 2|
|4||Oct. 30||Nov. 19||Dec. 11|
|5||Oct. 23||Nov. 12||Dec. 4|
|6||Oct. 29||Nov. 7||Dec. 10|
|7||Oct. 31||Nov. 20||Dec. 12|
|8||Oct. 24||Nov. 14||Dec. 5|
|9||Oct. 28||Nov. 18||Dec. 9|
|10||Nov. 1||Nov. 21||Dec. 13|
|11||Oct. 29||Nov. 13||Dec. 10|
|12||Oct. 22||Nov. 8||Dec. 3|
|13||Oct. 25||Nov. 15||Dec. 6|
|14||Oct. 22||Nov. 11||Dec. 3|
|15||Oct. 23||Nov. 5||Dec. 4|
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood donor reward, autism fundraiser and more
- Waukesha man faces hit-and-run charge tied to February bar incident
- Waukesha Police Report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Waukesha developer says condos were in his plan, but he wanted to preserve the Blair House
- Town, school board races highlight spring election in Waukesha
- Waukesha County Museum will temporarily suspend its operations as part of new plan
- Perspective: Considering downtown Waukesha's long-term future
- Waukesha robotics team wins regional championship
- HAWS asking for public support to help seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- City of Waukesha committee recommends sober server ordinance for bars