The City of Waukesha began its annual leaf pickup this week, below is the schedule for remaining dates for pickup. Have leaves raked to the terrace area (area between sidewalk and street) in front of your home by 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of pickup.
The city's recycle center, 750 Sentry Drive, will accept leaves at no charge to city residents from Oct. 21 through Dec. 14.
Recycle center hours are: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21-Dec. 9 with leaves dropped off only, no other items accepted; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, through Dec. 11 with leaves and other items accepted; and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday year round with leaves and other items accepted.
Raking leaves into the gutter is prohibited by city ordinance. Burning leaves and debris is also prohibited. Residents are encouraged to mulch their leaves.
For more information, visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us, or call (262) 524-3600.
|Aldermanic District||First scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Second scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Third scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves|
|1||Oct. 21||Nov. 6||Dec. 2|
|2||Oct. 30||Nov. 7||Dec. 11|
|3||Oct 21||Nov. 4||Dec. 2|
|4||Oct. 30||Nov. 19||Dec. 11|
|5||Oct. 23||Nov. 12||Dec. 4|
|6||Oct. 29||Nov. 7||Dec. 10|
|7||Oct. 31||Nov. 20||Dec. 12|
|8||Oct. 24||Nov. 14||Dec. 5|
|9||Oct. 28||Nov. 18||Dec. 9|
|10||Nov. 1||Nov. 21||Dec. 13|
|11||Oct. 29||Nov. 13||Dec. 10|
|12||Oct. 22||Nov. 8||Dec. 3|
|13||Oct. 25||Nov. 15||Dec. 6|
|14||Oct. 22||Nov. 11||Dec. 3|
|15||Oct. 23||Nov. 5||Dec. 4|
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 10, 2015 issue
- Les Paul tour bus comes to namesake Waukesha middle school
- Waukesha's Rosalie Smith looks to use platform to help those suffering with addictions
- Waukesha water fight laps back and forth
- Two tenants get ready to open in old Kmart in Waukesha
- Waukesha gets into tiff over how to help struggling condo complex
- Latest Waukesha homicide still murky on details
- Health forces Waukesha alderman Patton to step down
- OSHA cites Waukesha Iron & Metal with 11 violations tied to fatality
- HAWS' expansion in Waukesha will help address space needs