The City of Waukesha began its annual leaf pickup this week, below is the schedule for remaining dates for pickup. Have leaves raked to the terrace area (area between sidewalk and street) in front of your home by 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of pickup.
The city's recycle center, 750 Sentry Drive, will accept leaves at no charge to city residents from Oct. 21 through Dec. 14.
Recycle center hours are: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21-Dec. 9 with leaves dropped off only, no other items accepted; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, through Dec. 11 with leaves and other items accepted; and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday year round with leaves and other items accepted.
Raking leaves into the gutter is prohibited by city ordinance. Burning leaves and debris is also prohibited. Residents are encouraged to mulch their leaves.
For more information, visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us, or call (262) 524-3600.
|Aldermanic District||First scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Second scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves||Third scheduled dates for pickup of loose leaves|
|1||Oct. 21||Nov. 6||Dec. 2|
|2||Oct. 30||Nov. 7||Dec. 11|
|3||Oct 21||Nov. 4||Dec. 2|
|4||Oct. 30||Nov. 19||Dec. 11|
|5||Oct. 23||Nov. 12||Dec. 4|
|6||Oct. 29||Nov. 7||Dec. 10|
|7||Oct. 31||Nov. 20||Dec. 12|
|8||Oct. 24||Nov. 14||Dec. 5|
|9||Oct. 28||Nov. 18||Dec. 9|
|10||Nov. 1||Nov. 21||Dec. 13|
|11||Oct. 29||Nov. 13||Dec. 10|
|12||Oct. 22||Nov. 8||Dec. 3|
|13||Oct. 25||Nov. 15||Dec. 6|
|14||Oct. 22||Nov. 11||Dec. 3|
|15||Oct. 23||Nov. 5||Dec. 4|
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood drive, walk to fight human trafficking, and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing
- Waukesha stays on the road to updated construction this summer
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Local author's novel introduction, lantern walk and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Memorial Day recognition includes parade in Waukesha
- One year later, no resolution in Waukesha Slender Man case
- City officials hope new directional signs to downtown assists in revitalization effort
- Waukesha man charged after exposing genitals to gas station clerk