Waukesha man accused of possessing infant porn
Complaint: Images depict men molesting infants
A 39-year-old Waukesha man was charged Friday, Nov. 15, with distributing pornography online that depicted children engaging in sexual acts with animals.
Jeffrey Lauer, 1401 Fox Point Court, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with nine counts of child porn possession and one count of child sexual exploitation.
According to the criminal complaint, a detective with the Waukesha City Police Department was monitoring a file-sharing network Wednesday, Oct. 2, when he discovered a computer distributing what he suspected to be child pornography.
The detective downloaded several of the suspect files and found that they depicted a child engaging in sexual acts with a dog.
The detective identified the unique computer IP address connected to the files and executed a search warrant at 1401 Fox Point Court on Nov. 13. Jeffrey Lauer was home at the time and told police he had several weapons at the residence, including a handgun and AK-47 semi-automatic rifle, according to the complaint.
Officers located files suspected of being child pornography on a 250-gigabyte hardrive found in Jeffrey Lauer's bedroom, the complaint said. He told police he wanted to speak with a lawyer.
Police searched the laptop and found several files that depicted children, including infants and toddlers, engaging in sexual acts with adult men.
Jeffrey Lauer could face up to 265 years in prison and $1 million in fines if convicted.
His cash bond was set at $10,000 at an initial appearance on Nov. 15. He was ordered to not use or possess any Internet-connected devices and to have no unsupervised contact with minor children, per the terms of his bond.
He is is expected to appear at a preliminary hearing Nov 25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools