Waukesha man accused of possessing infant porn
Complaint: Images depict men molesting infants
A 39-year-old Waukesha man was charged Friday, Nov. 15, with distributing pornography online that depicted children engaging in sexual acts with animals.
Jeffrey Lauer, 1401 Fox Point Court, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with nine counts of child porn possession and one count of child sexual exploitation.
According to the criminal complaint, a detective with the Waukesha City Police Department was monitoring a file-sharing network Wednesday, Oct. 2, when he discovered a computer distributing what he suspected to be child pornography.
The detective downloaded several of the suspect files and found that they depicted a child engaging in sexual acts with a dog.
The detective identified the unique computer IP address connected to the files and executed a search warrant at 1401 Fox Point Court on Nov. 13. Jeffrey Lauer was home at the time and told police he had several weapons at the residence, including a handgun and AK-47 semi-automatic rifle, according to the complaint.
Officers located files suspected of being child pornography on a 250-gigabyte hardrive found in Jeffrey Lauer's bedroom, the complaint said. He told police he wanted to speak with a lawyer.
Police searched the laptop and found several files that depicted children, including infants and toddlers, engaging in sexual acts with adult men.
Jeffrey Lauer could face up to 265 years in prison and $1 million in fines if convicted.
His cash bond was set at $10,000 at an initial appearance on Nov. 15. He was ordered to not use or possess any Internet-connected devices and to have no unsupervised contact with minor children, per the terms of his bond.
He is is expected to appear at a preliminary hearing Nov 25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 15, 2015 issue
- Mama D's Coffee opening in former Spoon site near downtown Waukesha
- Erik Helgestad appointed to the Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha (1)