Holiday celebrations are in full swing in downtown Waukesha. Here is a list of upcoming events.
·Pictures with Santa — 1 to 3 p.m. every Saturday through Dec. 21 at Cuddles & Martha Merrell's Books.
·Horse Drawn Carriage Rides — 5 to 9 p.m. every Friday through Dec. 27 and 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturdays through Dec. 28. Tickets can be purchased from participating downtown businesses. Visit waukeshasilverbells.com. Cost: $5 for adults, $3 for children or $12 for a family of three or more. Tickets are good for the entire day.
·Santa's Breakfast Workshops — 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturdays through Dec. 21 at Cuddles & Martha Merrell's; call (262) 547-1060 for advanced reservations.
·Rockin' Kringle Crawl — 4 to 10 p.m. Dec. 7 in downtown Waukesha. The event is sponsored by Mia's Italian Restaurant. For more information, visit WaukeshaArt.com.
·Christmas Caroling — Weekends up to weekend before Christmas. Groups consist of four to 10 people with at least one adult. Call Kerry Mackay at The Steaming Cup at (262) 522-3605 to schedule your ensemble or visit www.thesteamingcup.com.
·Santa Run/Walk — 10 a.m. Dec. 8; the fifth annual 5K run/walk for charity begins on Main Street in downtown. Run begins at 10 a.m. with the Elves' Run, which features a 1-mile run/walk for children 14 and younger. The 5K run/walk starts at 10:30 a.m. It begins on Main Street in downtown. There are prizes for best costumes and best seasonal themes. The registration deadline is Dec. 7. Register at waukeshasilverbells.com/santa-run. Proceeds from the run benefit the Salvation Army of Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Laundry schedule dispute becomes threatening inside Waukesha apartment
- Adam Neylon announces his re-election bid for the 98th Assembly District seat
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek helped extinguish flames of a car fire
- City of Waukesha committees give shared health clinic their approval
- Waukesha community briefs: April 24 issue
- Now You Know: Who gets a call for malfunctioning traffic signal in Waukesha?
- Waukesha news briefs: April 24 issue
- Waukesha West Academic Decathlon team returns to nationals
- New Town of Waukesha board could vote on changes
- Missing Waukesha girl found in central Wisconsin